Sign in to follow this  
Emile

Win 8.1 FSX SE Microsoft FF stick not available after Autopilot use

Hello,

How to avoid the "lost" of the FF stick after Autopilot flight?

Thanks in advance?

I have already changed the properties of the USB devices.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Have you ever read the long, long, long topic in the Windows 8.1 forum? I think there are problems w/8.1

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim,

Yes I did read the long ... topic but do not find a solution... :blink:

I hope someone has a solution ..

Thanks and Happy 2015 ^_^

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

There is no foolproof solution there. You might find that if you use FSUIPC as some people suggest that you may not have a problem for most, if not all of the time. It works for me. 

I have also installed the Steam edition and so far have had no problems, but this is probably because I have not installed many addons yet. I always used to lose the stick when flying a complicated aircraft like the Aerosoft Airbus and trying to use things ouside the main window. 

Hello Alan,

I also use FSUIPC , what do I need to change in FSUIPC?

I "fly" with 3 monitors :

1/ with spot view

2/ with 2D panel

3/ with PlanG

Thanks in advance

I thought that SE is meant to be compatible with Windows 8.1 If the lost joystick issue has not been addressed then that would suggest otherwise.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Emile

Just use FSUIPC to assign all your joystick controls. You then have to go to settings in FSX and untick the box to use joystick controller. I can't give you it's exact location as I am not with my flightsim computer. Note it ha to be a registered version of FSUIPC to do this. I believe that even this doesn't work for some people and Pete Dowson who wrote FSUIPC has said that he doesn't know why it works.

I used to lose the joystick as soon as I clicked on another monitor but not now. I still sometimes get the dreaded message that rudder control is difficult without a joystick, which was the first sign of it not working, but it does carry on working.

Good luck getting it working, Emile. Once you do (think positive!) , if you haven't already got it, get FS Force (http://www.dirks-software.ca/fs-force/) - it will completely change the stick forces in FSX for the better. The default forces in FSX are pretty poor but FS Force is excellent by default and also allows you to fully customise the forces to your own taste. It's not the cheapest piece of software but worth every penny if you've got a FF joystick.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Emile 

I misread your original post and missed the fact that you were using a force feed back joystick. Sorry but my remarks were about an ordinary stick 

I don't know if an FF stick is different.

Hello Vortex681,

I use FS Force with FSX SE and it works great BUTI am still loosing the stick after a few minuts in Autopilot ...