Sign in to follow this  
Wizard-Bob

What an AWESOME New Years gift

Hi, all.

Just wanted to report that I am enjoying Flight with the complete world converted!  What an amazing enhancement!!

Steps I followed:

1.  Installed FSX:SE fresh

2.  Installed v1.1.1 of the Flight Toolkit (non-GFWL profile)

3.  Ran the FSX Scenery conversion

4.  Used Add-on Manager to install World Region UI and also FSX World

5.  Reboot

It works perfectly!  I am flying over my home area in Southern Florida, and also my old stomping ground of NYC.

Many thanks to Steve (Stonelance), Kavinda J.D, and all the other helpful folks in this forum :)

Happy New Year!

-Bob

Always remember to Find Your FUN!

-Bob

Do you mean Flight as in Microsoft Flight? Or did you convert scenery to FSX:SE? I don't understand what you did, but I would like to!

Cheers,

Sascha

Do you mean Flight as in Microsoft Flight? Or did you convert scenery to FSX:SE? I don't understand what you did, but I would like to!

Cheers,

Sascha

Converting FSX:SE Scenery so that it is compatible with Microsoft Flight.

Microsoft Flight.

We can now convert FSX scenery to be used in Flight.  Read the posts in this forum on how to do it.

Thanks Stonelance.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Converting FSX:SE Scenery so that it is compatible with Microsoft Flight.

Holycow! Awesome!

Be nice if someone made a video showing it in action.

Does anyone know a good tool to capture such videos?

I'd like to offer my thanks to Steve 'Stonelance' also.

I purchased FSX from the Christmas Steam sale hoping to make up something from the demise of Flight. Instead it just made me miss Flight more.

Last night I converted the FSX scenery and saw it in Flight for the first time. Wow! Amazing!

Great work!

Absolutely Amazing! You folks are truly wizards! I ran the conversion on Windows 8.1 Pro 32 bit on a system using Core Duo Extreme 9650 running at 4.0 Ghz and it took approximately 45 minutes. Did not use the Dovetail steam but the regular SP2 Acceleration clean install. Installed the World Addon and added the 1.1.2 Flighttool kit and fired it up. About 2 minutes later the entire world showed up! Landed at a small airport in New Jersey for test. Just can't believe this is happening. Many, many thanks for all the work!!!!!!!

Interesting.  Can you still get Microsoft Flight?  I thought MS removed it.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

FRAPS is one that is very common and easy to use. 

Thanks - great advice. To test it, I recorded this little flight session sightseeing over London

http://youtu.be/ZlOcB2yZlIE

Plane: RV-6A, Weather: Dawn, Season: Summer

Andreas

How does it run compared to FSX? 

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

How does it run compared to FSX? 

It runs - well - very smooth. So far I have only had one crash with the the converted FSX world

scenery data in Flight, and that was in Tokyo.