Sign in to follow this  
djsebx

Flight One Cessna 172 or Carenado 182 RG

Guest Debosonic

Dear Simmers and Pilots,I am interested to acquire one of the above the C172 from Flight 1 OR the upcoming C182RG from Carenado.Which do you think would be a better value?I have several flight one products and I believe they are the best available in the FS world. I have nothing from Carenado. Do you expect that the -182RG they are doing will be better than the f1 C172??Please Gents, your comments.

I don't think anyone can comment comparing a product in release to one that hasn't been released yet. I don't have a need for a 182RG--Flight1 has the 172 and Dreamfleet includes a 177RG in their package. Both are outstanding and one more aircraft in this niche? Probabaly not for me. I never bought the Carenado 210 however--I may still do that since it's a higher performance single. If you have to have the 182RG for personal reasons, Carenado does make good product.FSD is also coming out with a Skymaster one of these days--although it isn't a single, take a look at their site--it looks pretty interesting.-John

Guest Alumbrados

I have four of Carenado's products (The Dakota, The P180, The T-34 (my favorite) and the C210) and the C310 from F1. I've been greatly satisified with both of their products. I would say, get what you want. I don't think you'll be disppointed by any of them.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

I don't have any Carenado products so can't really offer any predictions based on past products, but I will say that I recently purchased the Flight1 C172 and really love it. To me it's sort of the perfect MSFS plane - looks great, has really nice flight dynamics, everything works the way it should, and it runs basically as well as the defualt 172 for me in terms of framerates. I've been using the defualt 172 with realair's updates for some time and it too worked well in the sim but with that you are saddled with the defualt 2D panel and VC which aren't so great looking. The Flight1 model feels like the total package and just seems to "fit" the sim right...

Guest JimC1702

I agree with Zevious, the Flight 1 172 is a really good package, I still fly it quite often. I also have Carenado's T-34 Mentor and the straight tail Bonanza. Both of those are very nice too, although I don't fly the Bonanza much anymore since Dreamfleet released theirs. Right now I'd highly recommend the Flight 1 172, you won't be disappointed. Then when the 182 comes out, you can buy that too! :)Jim

Guest davidvoogd

I have all of the Flight1 GA aircraft, and most of the Carenado ones (I have spending issues lol). They are all pretty good, but both teams have a different style. I can't really say one is better than the other - they are different though.The Flight1 172R is very, very authentic. The visual model, the panel, and especially the flight dynamics are simply as real as it could possibly get for FS2004. (I have a measly 35 hours in real world 172's, older models too, but enough to sort of know how they fly lol). The 172R was originally developed by Flight1 Aviation Technologies as a professional training aid for flight schools - and it was then adapted as a general FS addon.I really look forward to the Carenado 182RG - I've really wanted a good payware 182 for FS2004 and I plan to get it the day it's released - it looks pretty good in the preview pics, and I greatly enjoy Carenado's past products so I'm sure this one will be just as good.Well I guess that doesn't help you in your decision lol. Basically go with what plane you would like - a 172 or a 182RG, whichever is your personal preference.

Well the 177RG by DF is quite similar to the 182RG but as an FS model it's a pretty old design. Some of Carenado's latest creations like the Cherokee 180 are much better in the eye candy department. The 172 is also a very nice plane, I have no idea if the Carenado release will be better or not.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I saw on the Avsim front page earlier today, about the recently announced 182 from Carenado, but alas, I have not been able to access their website for MANY months. Evidently most people can, but there are a few of us who can't, as I've seen people mention it before.Would love to see the 182 screenshots (and more importantly be able to access the website to buy it when its released!)...can anyone shed any light on trouble with accessing the website?Regards,Al.

Guest anthonye

>I saw on the Avsim front page earlier today, about the>recently announced 182 from Carenado, but alas, I have not>been able to access their website for MANY months. Evidently>most people can, but there are a few of us who can't, as I've>seen people mention it before.>>Would love to see the 182 screenshots (and more importantly be>able to access the website to buy it when its released!)...can>anyone shed any light on trouble with accessing the website?>>Regards,>>Al.I have not been able to get there as well for months, anyone know why this happens to a few of us.Anthony

Guest georg

The Flight1 172 is okay, but for some reason, at least on my PC, the flight controls are sooooooo lazy and insensitive, that it's not very possible to fly the plane at all. I'm not complaining about the addon, it might be a problem only in my system. However, all the other planes including the other GA's are reacting correctly to the control responses, so I'm out of ideas. The 172 in real is quite sensitive, but my F1 172 feels like a 767...

Another item on which Carenado and Flight One differ is that the last one features an interactive flight instructor that won't be found in the Carenado's package.

Sebastien BELLUTEAU