Sign in to follow this  
newtie

REX SoftClouds install?

- make sure you delete your shaders folder everytime you change textures

Really?

Totally unnecessary thing to do. Changing textures does not require a deletion of the Shader cache folder.

You will likely get more stutters and slow loading of certain assets by constantly doing this. The Shader cache will take a very long time to re-build as the sim is used over time... Check the size of the folder after a re-build an monitor how the contents increases over a couple of weeks use. Only delete the folder when really necessary for best performance.

rich thanks for the answers

1)By custom weather I guess you mean you select weather themes in game?

also interested to know how to delete the shader folders (never tried)

2)Have tried completely disabling my anti virus (from the options menus) bizarrely it keeps blocking the site (even when you include it as an exception!) - I guess a manual download of the textures is only option - anyone have a link?

rich thanks for the answers

1)By custom weather I guess you mean you select weather themes in game?

also interested to know how to delete the shader folders (never tried)

No Steve - use the customize weather button below the themes first - play in there then when you see something acceptable you can now select a theme especially an orbx theme you will see much better cloud coverage

Rich Sennett

Rich

that is not my post.

These 2 will get no help from me until i'm confident that they are legit users.

if these two had been to the REX forums and asked for help with no joy i could understand them seeking help here.

and No response to my post when i suggested it...you do the maths.

steve

lock this thread.

Hold on sir.

There is still a debatable subject here about deleting Shaders. Member NOVATION made a strong point in post#16 in which should not be buried over gripes of two members. And also, I have been a member of many payware forums and hardly log on after registration. My presence would be here on AVSIM for non bias opinions and get my problems straightened out within minutes at times. Heck, the only time I even sign on to the REX Support Forum is too get some wisdom one on one with Eberhard himself. Most of my dilemma was solved here on AVSIM over many years.

Have tried completely disabling my anti virus (from the options menus) bizarrely it keeps blocking the site (even when you include it as an exception!) - I guess a manual download of the textures is only option - anyone have a link?

Have you actually posted your issues at rex forum since that's where you will get support first you need to be verified by placing your order details in your post

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Tyrone

If you have a problem with the shaders  there are hundreds of posts explaining how to solve any issues with them.or you could start your own thread.

the reason i want this closed is because there are people using this forum and this particular post to get support for pirated software.

and if anyone here can call me a Liar and Prove there copies of REX soft Clouds are LEGIT..then do it.

steve

Pete they can't post at REX .for Obvious reasons

I was giving  them time to respond since it takes awhile to get verified at the rex forum depending on the day  etc. But the longer  it goes on leads to what your referring too

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hold on sir.

There is still a debatable subject here about deleting Shaders. Member NOVATION made a strong point in post#16

Unfortunately he misquoted what was stated in my post #9 and, by so doing, conveyed the wrong impression regarding my current position on this matter.

I'm with Steve. This thread has become confused and somewhat messy.

Mike

Topic has run it's course. Topic locked.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10