Sign in to follow this  
Aviator327

1900D Question

I just purchased the 1900D a couple of days ago and I have a question. Why does the GNS530 have to be turned on in order to navigate? What if the GPS is MEL'd Inop? Does that mean that you cannot fly VFR/IFR with this model? When I tune the Collins NAV to a VOR station nothing happens, ie, no DME readout. I flew the 1900C in the RW with over 2000 hrs in  type. We had to hand fly the aircraft from takeoff to touchdown. We didn't have a GPS or AP back in those days. This 1900D is a great looking aircraft.

This 1900D is a great looking aircraft.

Apparently that's it. The visuals are amazing, but the systems are lacking. But I seem to remember flying VOR to VOR once with it successfully (I haven't loaded up the aircraft in a while). I'd advise that you try to re-install the aircraft with your antivirus disabled.

The NAV1 radio is imbedded in the GNS unit,  the Collins NAV is NAV2.

That is the way this airplane is configured, nothing wrong with it.

If you lose the GNS, you lose your NAV1 radio.

You can set the HSI to VOR2 and there is a VOR2 needle on the RMI, so you can use that for navigation.

Bert