Sign in to follow this  
Ales-X

FSX Stutters when textures loading

Hi folks,

Please advice. About stuttering has been written thousands of discussions, but it did not solve my problem. FSX is running smoothly, but when I turn my camera and starts to stutter until retrieves all the textures in the visual field (the airport textures, AI traffic, etc.). This is essentially a remote object / texture that are not native FSX installation (airport scenery, AI traffic (### AI Traffic) ...) with loading, for example, ground texture is no problem.

The worst is when I look long in one place,.. and then turn/panning my camera.

Sorry for my bad google english :)

Intel Core i7-4790K (4,5Ghz)

GTX 780

16GB RAM

Highmemfix and FFTF (FFTF use because of internal fps limiter, because without this modification is an internal limiter fps killer). FPS locked at 37. I have a long time I experimented until I came to this figure. Other enhancements cfg not work for me.

On the CPU I HT enabled. Without HT I have a problem with ProATCX that during communication begins simulator strongly stutter. Which is weird...

HDD I defragmented by name. I have FSX installed on drive D, where nothing else, except for FSX.

Stuttering like this is usually caused by a weak system or FSX/Videocard settings too high.  Since your system seems decent enough, I suspect it's settings.

How much anti-aliasing are you using?  Are you using Nvidia Inspector? How high are your in game scenery settings?

Try turning down some of your in game settings.  AI Traffic, road traffic and scenery settings, that may help you to isolate the issue.

Personally, I wouldn't lock the frame rate any higher than 30.

Also suggest you use the correct affinitymask setting if not using already.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Highmemfix and FFTF (FFTF use because of internal fps limiter, because without this modification is an internal limiter fps killer). FPS locked at 37. I have a long time I experimented until I came to this figure. Other enhancements cfg not work for me.

On the CPU I HT enabled. Without HT I have a problem with ProATCX that during communication begins simulator strongly stutter. Which is weird...

HDD I defragmented by name. I have FSX installed on drive D, where nothing else, except for FSX.

The only 3 tweaks I found worth it are Bufferpools=0, Highmemfix, and Affinity Mask. Most everything else, especially the tweaks that modify texture processing rates, did more harm than good for me. I also disabled HT, but understand if you can't. I often need to turn it back on for other programs, it'd be nice to have a switch right on the desktop. TTFT needs to be coordinated with other tweaks like texture bandwidth and for me usually does more harm than good. 

With a GTX780, you should be able to run bufferpools at zero. That will help relieving the CPU of some work. I would also experiment with affinity mask=84 (for HT on) in order to designate certain cores for FSX. This should make it easier for the OS to task other programs onto the spare core, and result in less stuttering during texture or scenery load. 

OK, thanks. I'll try it yet somehow tweak. It seems that the biggest problems make the scenery, which were originally designed for FS2004. Scenery manufactured directly FSX seems to have no problem, or at least not so large that they are well optimized.

Stuttering upon loading textures, but nice and smooth afterwards can also sign on a dated or damaged hard drive.

I suffered myself, I was noticing longer loading times and FSX would start stuttering when it was loading textures,

I ran a HDD check and noticed a lot of bad blocks on my hard drive and replaced it.