Sign in to follow this  
RockOla

V2 Turbine Duke above the Rhein

Hello all

Bought this amazing plane right after its release. I took her for a ride over the Rhein from EDVR Rinteln (West of Hannover) to LFST Strasburg Entzheim.

I use this opportunity to show off the wonderful LFST scenery from Jacques-Paul Bollard. This scenery has been created with a great sense of detail, while maintaining a top level quality/performance ratio. Oh, did I mention it is free? Go grab it here : http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=lfst4fsx.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search.

Flight done with DSR (4X), Active Sky Next

Unedited screenshots - please click the screens for the HD shots.

imagem01.jpg imagem02.jpg imagem03.jpg imagem04.jpg imagem05.jpg imagem06.jpg imagem07.jpg imagem08.jpg imagem09.jpg imagem10.jpg imagem11.jpg imagem12.jpg imagem13.jpg imagem14.jpg imagem15.jpg imagem16.jpg

Fine shots.  Beautiful early morning light.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thank you all for taking the time to comment.

I really found a great combo when it comes to sky rendering :

- the sky textures from Gabriel Joaquim Teles Rodrigues

- the cirrus textures from Pablo Diaz (HDE V2)

- the soft clouds from REX

- the simple sun mod from Gabriel Joaquim Teles Rodrigues

- a personnal, fine tuned, SweetFX preset removing the "brown filter" of the default rendering

Wow that one with the runway light is just superb!  And brrrrrr!  That area looks chilly.  Looks like where I'm from in northern MN USA.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Excellent pics!

I love flying from Rinteln (the superb free Orbx version), and am off to download this stunning looking Strasbourg now - to recreate the flight you did here. :smile:

What scenery are you using for the standard en-route textures?   FTX Global / Vector / OpenEU ?

Thanks.

Just like you said - all of the three you mentionned. Weather in the West of France is not that chilly these days, but P3D (and FSX) switched to hard winter textures with snow everywhere.

Right now, I am preparing a real, ice-cold flight around Narvik. Brrrrrr incoming