Sign in to follow this  
Bionor

ECZA is back in development! v1.18.3 out, v2.0 on the horizon!

I tried searching, but didn't find any post about this, so if there are any others about the same topic, please close this one.

Anyway, the author and developer Marniftarr seems to have recovered from his illness and is back developing this brilliant peace of software again. He is currently very busy fixing things to work with P3D v2.4, Windows 8.1 and fixing all kinds of bugs and also reports the long-sougth-after v2.0 is very close to release as well! v1.18.4 will be released tomorrow 6. january if all goes well in the testing.

I personally stopped using ECZA when I couldnt get it to work correct in Win 8.1(middle mouse button not working), but with a little help I finally got it working as it should again. v.1.18.4 also promises to fix this without doing the workaround I'm using now.

Very glad to have this back in the sim, hasn't been the same without:-)

Heres the link to the beta-topic;

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-118-beta-available-for-download_topic51089.html

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

1.18.4 is now available for those who are interested!  Follow the same link as in the first post:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Must-have add on, without doubt. If I can't use EZdok - then my flightsim career is over. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

There is an alternative......in fact, the camera movements are better with opus than Ezca anyway. Much more realistic imho

I'm aware of Opus and abscent ECZA, I have been using the Opus cameramode alongside ASN, but wether its better or worse will always be a subjective matter, I for one, prefer EZCA. That being said, lets keep this thread Opus-free:-)

Ver 1.18.4  (beta)

Per the developer notes:

Important. This is beta software. Do not use if you are uncomfortable with beta software.

I will wait for the ver 2

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

EZDok is as good as you make your configuration files for your aircraft.   I consider EZDok to be one of the top 3 essential add-ons for FSX/P3D.  I would not fly without it.   It is good to see it is finally under development again!  Exciting times!  2015 is off to a good start for the sim community!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I gave 1.18.2 and 1.18.3 beta a try.. I had been running with version 1.17 p3d beta just fine.. (p3d v2.4)

I run Windows 8.1 U1, x64.. with 1.17 i did not have to run it as admin..

I was getting an exception error (and file was greyed out), if not running as admin with .2 or .3 betas.. if i did run as admin, i wouldnt get the exception but i couldnt move the positioning of the window with arrows or PU/PD etc in edit mode..

So at least for my system, I gave up and went back to 1.17 since it worked ok for me.

I havent tried .4 yet though.

EDIT:  Tried .4 and it simply crashes for me, either with or without run as admin.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Running 18.3 here in P3Dv2.4 without any apparent problems.  As suggested I applied beta to freshly downloaded 1.15 and followed installation instructions to the letter. Much fun.

Version 2 will be released shortly.  As I understand it purely sorting out any remaining bugs but adding little, if any, in the way of new features.

Running 18.3 here in P3Dv2.4 without any apparent problems.  As suggested I applied beta to freshly downloaded 1.15 and followed installation instructions to the letter. Much fun.

Version 2 will be released shortly.  As I understand it purely sorting out any remaining bugs but adding little, if any, in the way of new features.

Interesting....for me, I installed 1.15 and then 1.84 and I get a message that "FSX could not be found"...however, EZCA works fine, it is just the message at the beginning. I can live with that!

Just to add ... I am now getting R6025 run-time errors.   :(

I don't know whether the culprit is Ezdok (beta) or the fact I turned off Tessellation.  

I stayed away from the 1.18.4 update since 1.18.3 works flawless in P3D on my system.