Sign in to follow this  
FranzR

Two processors, which one?

Hi guys, I need your help, I want to upgrade my system, but I don't know what to do, I'm using an AMD Fx 4350 (which is really bad), but as you know this is so weak, it doesnt run FSX with a proper FPS,so I decided to upgrade, my budget isnt the best, so I wont buy an Intel core i7 4770k, I cant.

I readed about intel processors are better (talking about fsx), but I've seens some videos, people using AMD Fx 8350, and FSX running good.

So, my options are:

1) Intel Core i3 4150, It's obviously that I have to buy another board, and I don't know if it's gonna be problem, I dont know if I'm going to have some kind of problem with the two cores it has.

2) AMD Fx 9370, I dont have to buy another motherboard, and if FSX runs good on Fx 8350, this should be better.

So guys, help me please, do not tell me things like: ''oh no buy the i5-4670k, buy the i7 4790k'' because I dont really have the money.

Regards.

What addons etc are you using?

Best way might be to get a cheap Z97 motherboard, and put a G3258 in there, and clock it to around 4.2-4.7ghz.  Then just drop in a 4770k or 4790k when you can afford it.

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Well, I just use REX Essentials, orbx mesh, and few payware airports, I can't be on Miami default scenery because my FSX lags really hard (8-10 FPS on DEFAULT scenery) also, I only like to use payware planes (PMDG, Aerosoft, CaptainSim).

So you wouldnt buy any of those processors? i3-4150 or Fx 9370?

G3258 and oc on z97 mobo is good way to go. Even at stock clock it beats the fx 8350 at single threaded applications. Tempted by g3258 as a play thing as it price for performance beast. AMD sells cores but does not matter still for most games and only recently games are using 4 cores.

Forget AMD for FSX.  The i3 is a much better option than the AMD, but you would probably be underwhelmed

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

I used FSX with a i5 2500K 3.3Ghz and a GTX 550ti. Results were not perfect but highly acceptable with all cursors on the right.

Just changed the graphic card to use correctly P3D 2.4.

Well, guys, so AMD is in the past now, What problems will I have changing my processor and board?