Sign in to follow this  
Domini99

Is anybody with me that we need a new MD-80/90/B717?

I have Fly The Maddog addon for my FSX, it's a very nice simulation, but i'd still like something new which is also realistic, but by today's graphics standards for FSX. The Maddog i have right now is not a native model, so the graphics are quite poor.

Is anybody with me that we need a new realistic MD-80/MD-90 or B717?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Maddog definitely need to provide an updated VC.

This comment comes out two or three times per year, and I'm always happy to see it as it expresses the same love and respect I have for the MD-80 aircraft and the Leonardo Software, which broke more new ground in flight simulation than any other developer. In some respects, no other developer has been able or willing to achieve the same level of complexity and features.

There is no bigger fan of the Leonardo Maddog than I, and I likely have more hours in her than most (over 4000 in shared cockpit, probably half that in single cockpit).

I can tell you there are two (2), VERY SLIM possibilities for updated VC graphics, however the guy with his hands on this is EXCEPTIONALLY BUSY, so much so that having an email conversation with him is TREMENDOUSLY difficult.  He's working on programming for this http://www.hyd-masti.com/2008/09/large-hadron-collider-lhc-in-pics.html and compared to flight simulation, well, he's just VERY busy.

I'm trying as best I can to push a VC upgrade forward, but I will say again that the possibility is just VERY, VERY SLIM.  But I am trying.

I followed that project too, but it seems abandoned.

The development forums are down, and i haven't heard anything from them.

ABSOLUTELY NOT.  OVPA will be part of the Alpha and Beta Team, and I have been in direct contact with the developer during the development stage.  These things take time.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

There was some "proof of life", so to speak, on the Fly The Maddog-forum in june 2013, where the developer asked the forum members for suggestions on 3D modellers that could help them create the Maddog X. I since red some rumours about the main developer, Davide, went to work for CERN... maybe thats why the Dog is still in it's FS9 state. A shame really - it's brilliant on everything, except the visuals (and the sound quality is a too 22kHz SR in the cockpit).

I'm hoping the TFDi 717 will roll out of it's (recently) quiet hangar in 2015:)

This comment comes out two or three times per year, and I'm always happy to see it as it expresses the same love and respect I have for the MD-80 aircraft and the Leonardo Software, which broke more new ground in flight simulation than any other developer. In some respects, no other developer has been able or willing to achieve the same level of complexity and features.

There is no bigger fan of the Leonardo Maddog than I, and I likely have more hours in her than most (over 4000 in shared cockpit, probably half that in single cockpit).

I can tell you there are two (2), VERY SLIM possibilities for updated VC graphics, however the guy with his hands on this is EXCEPTIONALLY BUSY, so much so that having an email conversation with him is TREMENDOUSLY difficult.  He's working on programming for this http://www.hyd-masti.com/2008/09/large-hadron-collider-lhc-in-pics.html and compared to flight simulation, well, he's just VERY busy.

I'm trying as best I can to push a VC upgrade forward, but I will say again that the possibility is just VERY, VERY SLIM.  But I am trying.

The problem is that this requires the entire aircraft to be rebuilded, because the aircraft is a fs2004 port. It's not a native model so the graphics can't be improved. A total new native-fsx model has to be made. And after that all the features need to be reasembled on the new model. 

Just a VC update is not really possible.

I still really hope to have an updated MD-80/90/717.

There was some "proof of life", so to speak, on the Fly The Maddog-forum in june 2013, where the developer asked the forum members for suggestions on 3D modellers that could help them create the Maddog X. I since red some rumours about the main developer, Davide, went to work for CERN... maybe thats why the Dog is still in it's FS9 state. A shame really - it's brilliant on everything, except the visuals (and the sound quality is a too 22kHz SR in the cockpit).

I'm hoping the TFDi 717 will roll out of it's (recently) quiet hangar in 2015:)

I hope too :)

Sure, I'd bite on a modern MD-80/90 and B717. B717 would be a blast for HAL flying.

B717 or MD-90 would be totally awesome, as we have none for FSX right now.

The problem is that this requires the entire aircraft to be rebuilded, because the aircraft is a fs2004 port. It's not a native model so the graphics can't be improved. A total new native-fsx model has to be made. And after that all the features need to be reasembled on the new model.

Just a VC update is not really possible.

May I ask where you heard that or came to that conclusion?  We've already made some minor changes to the VC for group use, so I'm just wondering if there is something I'm not aware of, and it may say me some time.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Hodges

May I ask where you heard that or came to that conclusion?  We've already made some minor changes to the VC for group use, so I'm just wondering if there is something I'm not aware of, and it may say me some time.

Thanks in advance.

The MD-80 is a fs9 port, fs9 models cannot use high-res textures and models, so that's why we can't get a crisper cockpit. A full new fsx-native model has to be created in order to use high-res textures and modeling.

Small, regional jetliners are my favorite planes to sim with

I'd buy it

+1

This superb looking example is in the pipeline if one wants to try X-Plane 10.

http://rotatesim.com/

This one looks amazing!

Shame tough I don't have X-Plane