Sign in to follow this  
gbruton

(OOM) Out of Memory Crash with 777.

I just purchased both packages and started a flight in the 777 and had three Out of Memory crashes just during taxi.  I never had OOM problems prior to the install of this product.  I tested it again with the PMDG 737 and had no issues at all so I can point the problem directly at the 777. 

Have you seen this issue?  Are there any solutions you can recommend? Or perhaps you are working on a solution for this issue? 

All I am running is FSX, ActiveSKy, PMDG aircraft and now this product.

Best,

George

I just purchased both packages and started a flight in the 777 and had three Out of Memory crashes just during taxi.  I never had OOM problems prior to the install of this product.  I tested it again with the PMDG 737 and had no issues at all so I can point the problem directly at the 777. 

Have you seen this issue?  Are there any solutions you can recommend? Or perhaps you are working on a solution for this issue? 

All I am running is FSX, ActiveSKy, PMDG aircraft and now this product.

Best,

George

Hi George,

We did a lot of testing to ensure VAS usage was at a minimum. From our analysis, 777 Immersion can only use about 5MB of virtual address space at any given moment.

Let me know at what airport and what weather conditions you had before having these errors along with current FSX settings. We might find something in there to fix the issue! To be mathematically exact, less than 0.5% of our customers who bought 777 Immersion have contacted us about problems with OMM errors occurring possibly due to the package being installed.

Thanks!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thank you for the quick response.    I did run vas program to see how much memory was being taken up and when.  With the 737 I never get over 2.6.  But when I ran the 777 it would slowly move up to 4.2 and then shut down.  

The first issue was at KLAS which I can understand could be a issue with scenery so I then moved it to KSAN and still did have the same issues.

Really want to enjoy this product just need to find out where the adjustments need to be made.

Hi

Im experiencing a somewhat simmilar issue with high VAS usage suddenly ever since i updated to v1.2

However my issue is not 777-immersion specific rather with PrecipitFx its self. Im not sure why but im experiencing OOM's very often since the update and my VAS usage is so high. The same flights i did before updating i had no issues, only after the update

Not sure why, appreciate some help

Aaqib Afzal

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Hi

Im experiencing a somewhat simmilar issue with high VAS usage suddenly ever since i updated to v1.2

However my issue is not 777-immersion specific rather with PrecipitFx its self. Im not sure why but im experiencing OOM's very often since the update and my VAS usage is so high. The same flights i did before updating i had no issues, only after the update

Not sure why, appreciate some help

Hi,

Version 1.2 only adds experimental P3D support. There were no changes to the existing FSX version. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling using the Install Utility.

Let me know if it worked for you!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hello all!

I have had the VAS loss issue with 777 immersion as well. The issue I seem to be having is that while I'm flying a long I am watching the VAS monitor and it slowly keeps dropping until FSX crashes. I have un-installed and re-installed several times with no help.  I also have PrecipitFX and have no issue when using just that software by itself.  And if I use Immersion by itself FSX still crashes.  I am running a DX9 rig and using REX overdrive, Orbx, and Opus FSI. I don't know if you guys have had any compatibility issue with these programs, but I do not run out of VAS when using these programs with out 777 immersion. Please help! I really like the effects!!!

i7990x OC'd 4.2ghz  24GB DDR3 1866 Ram 2way SLI 670 FTW