Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[05JAN15] FSX:SE Compatibility Update

What I understood from the original post is that not only the paths and registry are different, there are some differences in the software that PMDG has to work around.... So no, even if you only have FSX SE installed, you will still need the new installers.

Cheers!

Hello!!

Can someone please help me as I'd really like to know whether the steam edition has fixed the viewpoint movement issue or not,

Thank you very much~~

So... I don't want to be THAT guy.. But will we be able to have our product installed on both boxed and steam versions?

Also it would be nice to send out an email notification once the new installers are available.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Just a note to say that if you only install the Steam version (or remove the boxed version then install the steam version) it retains the original file locations for everything except the main program folder, so the stuff in your user\username\appdata... and c:\program data\.. etc is the same, only the main folder changes to the \program files\steam\steamapps\common\fsx.

Something to bear in mind when recoding installers.

Can't wait to get the 737NGX in FSX:SE, soooo glad they are looking at helping people with the CD/DVD!!! :)

Thanks guys...

Thank you, I am just waiting PMDG and ASN then going to switch to FSX:SE

Jehad Hamdan

So... I don't want to be THAT guy.. But will we be able to have our product installed on both boxed and steam versions?

Also it would be nice to send out an email notification once the new installers are available.

Yes! Ain't that awesome? (This answer is just for the both boxed and steam versions question. about the notification part, I don't know yet)

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

In my system I've just FSX: SE installed. I've installed MD-11 and seems to work perfectly, but I do not know if the official PMDG Steam Edition installer (if it will be released) going to install something in specific locations that the installer for FSX boxed maybe not do. So, you think it is better to wait for an official installer for FSX:SE, if there ever will be? or we can install '11 and in a near future uninstall it and reinstall with official FSX:SE installer?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Gents-

I've mentioned a few times that we are primarily focused on getting the 777 and the NGX running in FSX:SE, as we know that some poor quality control at Dovetail Games causes problems with both of those products.

Once we have those running, we will give attention to the older legacy products.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Yes! Ain't that awesome? (This answer is just for the both boxed and steam versions question. about the notification part, I don't know yet)

How do you know! Where did you find this information? :D

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Good morning sir,

How are you guys looking with the update? Will we be seeing it today?

didn't your read the post 2 above yours

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg