Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

Who uses FSAutostart ?

Does anyone successfully use FSAutostart to kill unwanted background processes / programmes. I have tired to use this programme but cannot seem to save any settings that I configure. It says that the settings have been saved to the profile, but when hitting the start icon nothing happens. If I look at the ini file for the profile it does not contain any of the configurations made.Any ideas or help would be appreciated.Alternatively are there any other programmes in use, which do the same job?Regards,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I had the same problem. I solved it by creating another profile.I used FSAutosart all the time on my old rig but have not yet tried it on my new one (AMD 64 3500+, 1GB RAM, 6600GT 128MB).

I just got it a few days ago.First, I went and saved the default profile ("save as") as my own. Then I went in and made my changes and saved it. Now all I do is select my profile then hit start and all is good. The set-up in getting everything the way you want does take some time. If there is more detailed info you need on the how to stuff, just post here and I can try to help you, or any of the other users I am sure will try too. Good luck. Best regards, Jeff

Guest Mike_Luchia

Have used it since the beginning without any problems at all, wouldn't fly without it. Ken's support forum can be found at http://www.kensalter.com/forum/ I am sure they can help you there.Mike

Guest bobsk8

I use it all the time. You have to read how it works in order to use it properly

Guest jerrycwo4

I had a PRO set mine up for me but couldn,t get it to work with Flight Decd Compannion, so I uninstalled it and for some reason my FSP did NOT change any????? Jerrycwo4

Guest bonjourmoi44

Just use MSCONFIG. It is free, and includes all the goodies.

Thanks for all the advice.I did create a new profile, but although it saved an .ini file for the new profile, none of the services, program, or configuration settings that I made/saved, were actually saved in the .ini file.Then when clicking the icons again with the profile highlighted, none of the previous settings are shown. I just don't understand why the various settings that I make are not being saved.Regards,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

This may be a stretch, but is the folder you are saving your profile into possibly a "read only" folder? That may explain why you aren't seeing the changes.Just a thought.Jim

Guest Ken_Salter

Check your post in the support forum....