Sign in to follow this  
ctvredvirus

Steampowered fsx ?

I've placeboing so hard right now, even with REX, OrbX, and addon AI traffic ;)

http://i.imgur.com/gWbm4wr.png

http://i.imgur.com/EmJe1ug.png

http://i.imgur.com/Sj3UToM.png

Smooth as butter around the NYC area.

Yeah but, try the default 737 in 3DVC se what you get and not airborne but say in gate 69KJFK, also what is your resolution and settings ?

Mine are all full Except for Autogen which is set to dense, i Have anisotropic and antialiasing on, res 1920x1080 ..16 

Maximum clouds and everything to full

This is tested on 2 riggs!

Rigg 1

PSU OCZ 1250W Gold, Rampage IV black, i7 3820@4.7Ghz, 16Gb Dominator, Asus 970 Strix GTX 4Gb  ocz vertex ssd

Rigg 2

Psu Seasonic 1200W platinum, Asus formula V z, AMDFX 9590@4.7Ghz, 16Gb Dominator, Gigabyte 770 GTX 4GB

With my MS simulator addons but no pmdg I easy pull those frames inside VC on a default 737 and around 60-80outside

Seems like something seriously wrong there, DTG FSX SE is noticeably faster than MS FSX, when tested on all my systems.

Same here. In my standard test scenario, with heavy scenery, heavy weather, I get 15-28 in FSX-MS, but 25-39 in FSX-SE. And I can whack most of the sliders up, including 100% MyTrafficX airliner traffic at Heathrow, and still get much better performance with SE.

On top of that i believe SE will get faster as they work on it! (It is also smoother, already).

I'm waiting for a working ASN to switch. Maybe AES as well, but I don't hold out great hopes for that as they've not even covered P3D yet, have they? I might need to switch to GSX exclusively.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I'm waiting for a working ASN to switch. Maybe AES as well, but I don't hold out great hopes for that as they've not even covered P3D yet, have they? I might need to switch to GSX exclusively.

Pete

waiting for ASN, Active sky 2012 is running very good with FSX se

Pete

waiting for ASN, Active sky 2012 is running very good with FSX se

ASN will be updated soon according to HiFi.

Well, I´ll probably be locked out again but here goes..

Take these pills, they are really effective:

Placebo_Effect_Max_Strength_package.jpeg

What's placebo about a simulator that OOM crashes, and one that does not?

Seems like something seriously wrong there, DTG FSX SE is noticeably faster than MS FSX, when tested on all my systems.

Same here.

And (name drop incoming!) Pete Dowson sees consistantly higher / better performance with FSX:SE than with MS FSX.

So I think the OP has some local issue that's preventing that being the case.   Did you have any tweaks (such as Buffer Pools) in your MS FSX fsx.cfg, that you have forgotten to try in your FSX:SE fsx.cfg, perhaps?

ASN will be updated soon according to HiFi.

What's placebo about a simulator that OOM crashes, and one that does not?

Really? Search this forum and you know it does.

This is mass hysteria and brainwash, nothing else.

Ok, here we go:

Why do all the socalled "Commercial Members" here hail this FSX-SE as a new and improved sim?

Why do they do it? 

Really? Search this forum and you know it does.

This is mass hysteria and brainwash, nothing else.

Ok, here we go:

Why do all the socalled "Commercial Members" here hail this FSX-SE as a new and improved sim?

Why do they do it? 

"Mass hysteria and brainwash"

I'm sorry, but watching FSX finally finish an approach after a KJFK-KLAX flight without giving out those dreaded beeps is more tangible to me than the above comment.

I don't see what gives you the prerogative to question the performance claims of other members. It's simple to me. Run scenario A. Did A crash in FSX Gold? Did A crash in FSX:SE. Conclude.

Stability is not a placebo....whether or not fps has increased or decreased. SE is way more stable....WAY... You still can't load every dll you have in your dll.xml nor can you load every scenery....we are still at 4gb of VAS... but overall...SE is not the 'steam'ing mound of CTD that the original FSX was.

you're on quite the mission aren't you?  I don't mind you noting that you don't find there to be any improvement in performance, but you should take it easy with the placebo brainwash stuff.  It's entirely possible that you are wrong y'know...

I´m out, this is crazy, never again, forget it, simmers are fools..

And you must be the savior of men amongst us fools...

Stay frosty out there.

Yeah but, try the default 737 in 3DVC se what you get and not airborne but say in gate 69KJFK, also what is your resolution and settings ?

Mine are all full Except for Autogen which is set to dense, i Have anisotropic and antialiasing on, res 1920x1080 ..16 

Maximum clouds and everything to full

This is tested on 2 riggs!

Rigg 1

PSU OCZ 1250W Gold, Rampage IV black, i7 3820@4.7Ghz, 16Gb Dominator, Asus 970 Strix GTX 4Gb  ocz vertex ssd

Rigg 2

Psu Seasonic 1200W platinum, Asus formula V z, AMDFX 9590@4.7Ghz, 16Gb Dominator, Gigabyte 770 GTX 4GB

With my MS simulator addons but no pmdg I easy pull those frames inside VC on a default 737 and around 60-80outside

Captainsim 767 with the FTX Global line, REX, and 100 AI at Heathrow. Getting frames in the low twenties that dip into the teens in external and VC view. Definitely playable considering the whopping amount of AI I have to deal with. And it doesn't crash :)

http://i.imgur.com/CLMS9Wu.png

No difference on my rig... in some cases I got more fps in FSX (T Duke v2, FB KDEN, UTX v2)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I´m out, this is crazy, never again, forget it, simmers are fools..

On ya bike!!!!

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.