Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

Anyone flying the Dodosim Bell 206 Jetranger in P3D?

Am shortly starting my CPL/H helicopter course at Sywell Aerodrome here in the UK.

Due to that - I've given up fixed-wing in P3D and have switched to the challenge of flying helicopters!

The general consensus appears to be that the DodoSim Bell 206 is the most realistic rotor available for FSX but is not yet available for P3D.

I already have many of the excellent HoverControl.com heli's running well in P3D but the Dodosim example simulates a number of flight characteristics not found on other freeware heli's.

Are any of you guys flying the Dodosim successfully in P3D? If so would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Yes, I fly the DoDo in P3D V2.4.  It works very well.  I used the Estonia Migration Tool to install it in P3D.  After doing that, if works just as well as in FSX.

Regards,

Danny

Danny

Yes I am also running it. It works fine as long as you run the migrator when installing.

Yes I am also running it. It works fine as long as you run the migrator when installing.

Why that? I've the Dodo running very well on P3D v2.4 after installing with EMT but never run EMT when using the Dodo.

Spirit

you dont need any migration tool to get the Dodo working under P3D,

just copy DodosimFSX206.gau from FSX\Gauges to P3D\Gauges

and all Dodo folders from FSX\SimObjects\Rotorcraft to P3D\SimObjects\Rotorcraft

you can find Simon (Dodo Devloper- Bluebottle) at hovercontrol for more info

Excellent news thanks guys. I do have the EMT so may try installing it with that first.

Cheers

Adam

FSUK.jpg

Always wanted to try a good 3rd party heli but was unsure what controls are needed. Can anyone elaborate on the controls required and is there

any threads or articles on how to set the controls up?

Bob

Bob:

Go to hovercontrol.com.  It will have all the information you could want on flying helos in a sim.  

Regards,

Danny

Bob:

Go to hovercontrol.com.  It will have all the information you could want on flying helos in a sim.  

Regards,

Too much info. This is a realworld as well. Thanks though. I did read way back that a twist grip joystick is best. Just thought I would give it a shot. 

I will keep looking.

Bob

Hi,

I have logged over 1,000 hours on-line with the Dodo.  I exclusively use FSX but have installed it for friends in their P3D 2.4 platforms using Post #5 above with success.  My hardware is as follows:

CYCLIC: Saitek X52 joystick (Spring has been modified to zero effect - compressed) and sits on chair between knees.

COLLECTIVE: Saitek X52 throttle (Very aggressive hardware modification to resemble RW collective)

OVERHEAD PANEL: diy using a keyboard internal board and micro-switches, again to resemble the RW version

PEDALS: Saitek Combat Pedals (A must if your want to replicate RW behaviour)

OTHER: 2x Saitek Radio Panels (Nice to have...) 1x Saitek Switch Panel (Nice to have...)

FSUIPC: Either version, free or paid.  I suggest the paid version and then set all your controls and switches with it.

Good luck.

No pics...

Why that? I've the Dodo running very well on P3D v2.4 after installing with EMT but never run EMT when using the Dodo.

Spirit

"when installing", not running. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks all.

Bob

Greetings,

I have just gotten into helicopters. I bought the Dodosim, as I understand that if/when I learn to fly it, the experience will be realistic. I have an issue that I'm trying to work through on their support forum. There is no disrespect to the authors intended by posting here. Just want to broaden the response.

I am currently using the easiest level in the helo. After lifting off, I get some rather fierce bouncing in the aircraft. It goes away if I turn off DHM in EZDok. I suppose that's to be expected as my viewpoint won't know the helo is bouncing. The bouncing seems to start at the transition to forward flight, and it is random. I use P3D 2.4 and I've installed with and without EMT.

Once again, I am not trying to bypass the authors. I would just like to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing. It might help me help the Dodo folks to make this go away.

By the way...I am really going to enjoy helicopters once/if I learn to fly competently.

Thanks

Moderator: I never write anything with the intention of offending anyone; particularly those who have made an impact in flight simulation. If you believe I have stretched the bounds of good taste by posting an issue here, please delete the post. Thanks.

I did read way back that a twist grip joystick is best.

Well, that's not true. The best are joystick, throttle and pedals because it's really tiring to control all 3 control levels with one hand.

Spirit

If it helps -

I use my MS FF Joystick as the cyclic only.

I use my Saitek Pro Yoke Throttle Quadrant for COLLECTIVE (MIXTURE LEVER) and THROTTLE (PROPELLER PITCH LEVER).

Most joystick throttle controls don't have enough throttle travel so are ultra sensitive and makes it very difficult to hover/land gently when this is assigned to the collective/throttle in P3D/FSX.

Using the Saitek lever controls you can make much finer adjustments.

Regards

Adam

FSUK.jpg