Sign in to follow this  
hiway

Help with carenado c90 king air

Can someone please help. I just bought carenado's c90 King Air, I so desperately wanted to fly a quality aircraft. After trying to use this thing twice, I am so frustrated I'm ready uninstall it now. I know trying to contact carenado would be a waste of time.

There is no documentation that I can find. How do you operate the A/P? I can't change the OBS, I can't use the nav radios, and the GPS is so clumsy. Why would anyone buy one of these things. Where are the checklists?

Has anyone successfully flown this aircraft?

Sorry, I had to vent, can anyone help?

Paul

I have flown this aircraft, successfully in both FSX and P3DV2. I have Saitek setup and if works with all. Throttles and all of the rest of the controls are mapped through FSUIPC. Let me know what exactly your having problems with and I will help you to the best of my ability. Tell me your control set up and such. Lets see if we can't get you off the ground. PM me if you would like.

Thank you gentlemen kindly for responding so quickly. How close are the FS9 and FSX models? The tutorial doesn't say which version it uses. Nevertheless I will definitely study it and try again. I am so glad to have something to start with.

My control setup consists of a Logitech extreme 3D pro joystick and Saitek throttles. Both of which I have mapped thru FSUIPC v3.99. Still the elev. sensitivity is to the extreme of being uncontrollably touchy !  rjmcgill, I would like to PM you, but not sure how that's done.

Thank you for the help, I'll try to start over.

Paul   

I'm pretty sure the tutorial was done with FSX, but any differences should be small enough to not matter too much.

Once you have the tutorial, I think the biggest issue you'll run into is simply finding all the switches.  Once you figure out where everything is, it gets easier.  Be sure to pay attention to some of the details, however.  For example, it's critical when bringing up takeoff power to get both prop governors settled (prop RPM stabilized at max RPM) before applying takeoff power, (which will not be full throttles) and to be sure both throttles are advanced evenly.  Fail to do that, and you'll find yourself veering all over the runway.  Also, I see you don't mention rudder pedals in your setup.  I'm not sure how well this flies with auto-rudder on, as I haven't tried it that way, but the plane can get very squirrely in yaw if there's much in the way of asymmetrical thrust.

Best of luck,

Scott

I have a lot to work to do.

The tutorial is fantastic. Very detailed, just the way I like it. It is for the FSX version BTW, but should apply to FS9 mostly. The way this C90 flies at this point, It would never make the trip.

I wish carenado would at least provide some basic info on their releases.

Still having major A/P issues.

Could someone explain in plain english how to deal with Alpha , textures , clean-up issues? (mentioned in the link thread)

Thank you,

Paul

Here you go Paul:

DXTFixerX v2.2 ZipDive.png  Download.png

File Description:
Fixes a stuttering issue caused by a bug in dxt3 and dxt5 compressed bmp textures. Works for both FS9 and FSX. Not tested in P3D yet, but if there are bmp textures you can safely do a scan in P3D as well.

Filename: dxtfixerx_v2.2.zip License: Freeware Added: 26th November 2014, 00:28:23 Downloads: 7042 Author: Peter Nyman Size: 124kb

Wingz,

I downloaded and tried this but it said It found no problems. With all the fluttering my sim has, I was disappointed. I was hoping for a miracle I guess.

Paul

OK well you've established one fact.

Of course, removing alpha issues can be done on any texture in the sim, often there are issues with scenery textures too, so run it on an airport that gives problems and see if it improves.

Thanks Wingz

I'll keep looking. I'm installing a graphics card soon, and hopefully that will improve it at least some. I've been running the onboard graphics.

Paul

Wingz,

I downloaded and tried this but it said It found no problems. With all the fluttering my sim has, I was disappointed. I was hoping for a miracle I guess.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I've been following this thread as I bought Carenado's C90 not long ago though I have still only tried a couple of short test flights. It's definitely their best-looking VC for FS9. I find it very heavy on my framerate but I have a feeble motherboard and in my case it's the number of polygons that make up the whole model that holds things back and is putting me off getting to know it.

I agree that the tutorial is detailed but I think it could have done with a map to show the location of switches and other click spots... bit of a hindrance when I don't know where anything is.

Be aware that DXT Fixer only fixes DXT textures. If the Carenado C90B has any other format of texture files (another thing I haven't checked) the application won't look at them. Stutters, if you have them, may come from slow loading times though if you have a half-decent PC that shouldn't be a problem. In any case I think the alpha channel thing won't be relevant unless they are DXT format textures.

Best regards,

Dave

Hello everyone,

I found the solution to my auto pilot problem.

I wasn't able to "turn" the HDG and Course knobs w/the scroll wheel. In FSUIPC I had the scroll wheel assigned to the trim. Once I reassigned it, I am able to "turn" each knob and tune these two functions.

By the way, I didn't know that's how it was controlled. How are you supposed to know?  I don't know about anyone else, but I think the documentation for this A/C is terribly lacking. I'm already tired of it. What else don't I know?

Thanks for your help,

Paul