Sign in to follow this  
WoodsGlen

Nvidia surround is all out of whack and AC on left monitor only

Something has gone out of whack with my Nvidia surround setup (GTX780 on a quad core with 16 gigs ram ).

I origianlly configured my monitors so the main monitor is center and out side monitors are L & RH sides.  2,1,3

It works fine in DCS..

XPX was loosing my render menu off the screen due to me having resolutuon on span incorrect and when it went to full frame the menu disappeared off the bottom, out of sight.   -- and I had to physically drag the airplane to the center screen out of full screen mode.   ( this started last night )   It was originally in the center, TIR was a mess, and in span mode the view was terrible.. ( I did a lot of searching for that problem and will know if it works once I fix my current problem.

In trying to figure out how to get the airplane on my main monitor ( in the center ... not on the left )  I fiddled with the Nvidia hot keys  CTRL ALT 3 and 1 to switch back and froth from span to 1 screen to try and get my menu screen to stay visible and stay in the center -  all good until I hit span mode and it's back on the left only..

The long and sort of the story is,  that in 2D span, cockpit is on the left screen (only )

with span off it is in the middle screen.( but IIRC I dragged the screen there when I fired up XPX )

Something is telling me that XPX wants what ever monitor number was on the left as the main monitor - regardless of how I originally ( thought) set up the system to designate the main screen as center.    ( I'm thinking it used to be #1.. but now it's #3   and something has completely reversed the monitor order -  and thus swapped what ports display what monitor #) 

again,  DCS aircraft had no problem landing in the middle of 3 screens  - just  XPX is not playng well.

I would think 2.1.3 is is a logical position or what ever it takes as long as my main monitor is in the center and that monitor port is spanned.

It gets worse....

Now when I backed out of x plane  - my nvidia software is designating my HDMI port ( on right monitor ) as 1, the 2 on the left and 3in the middle.  ( the order is totally screwed up from what it was )   or it wants  3,2,1   i can take my pick!

i went into the windows monitor set up and things are all out of whack      2 3 1  with two as main display  ( and I think it has moved 2 to the far left according to the screen icons ).

How do I force this system to have the main display in the center again and have 2 and 3 on the outside.

It has re-arranged my 3 monitor ports to a different order some how.

And the HDMI port as a main screen is not an option because it is noticibly different in color and black level and never has been able to match the two DVI ports ( 3 identicle monitors )  - so I can live with it being off to the right, but having that as monitor port 1 that the nvidia card or software is forcing now is just not gonna fly!

I'm sure some one has been through this mine field.     I'd like to ideally have the order    2 1 3     and have the airplane in the middle and the wingtips out each respective window.   I'd settle for what ever order I should have them in to have the span workl and XPX show up on the correct monitor - as long as it's not bass akwards in reverse order.

I've been screwing around with x plane for a little over 2 days now and have encountered everything from totally screwing up my trackir plugin settings and not being able to get my aircraft back (I'm out in left field somewhere) to only seeing a shadow on the runway under me with cockpit 3d view and  TIR and not being able to get in the cock pit at all ... ( even with the trackir plugin ).  - To total screwed up position of the aircraft in span mode.     ( I had just loaded a bi-plane and I have a hunch that might not have been compatible with the cockpit view and TIR ???    i did read about this also )    Regardless,  even with a known 3D cockpit I am grounded until I figure this out.

What do i do now?

Thanks for any help.

Wayne

UPDATE:

I think (??) I have my card set up again.  I forced it to sort of reset by unplugging the orther two monitors and going from there.

I have my main monitor in the middle,  and i can span the mouse all the way across

However... XPX still insists on running on the left monitor unless I drag the screen to the middle monitor and then  I can maximize it there ....   if i hit any full screen modes it jumps back over to the left monitor.  ( which is theoretically monitor 3.. )

What a pain in the neck!

I'll sit tight and fly  ROF and DCS untill someone can set me straight.

However, this would be a nice simulator If i could get it to work.  I like stick and rudder flying ( especially since I've never gone beyond SEL, VFR  :)

Wayne

Update,  

FWIW...

reconfigured nvidia surround and physically moved monitor cables after shutdown to match up with nvidia's designation ( which cable is 1,2,3) 

Xplane is craching on startup with an APP ERROR.  only variable here is putting x-cam directory in the plugins folder.

will remove X-CAM and see what happens tomorrow.

Over & out!

Just a question, are you dragging your monitors in the Surround control panel to match up to the big numbers that are being displayed on your screen when you click to configure Surround? Surround does not know where your monitors are. So if your left is 1, middle is 2 and your right is 3 for example, then you bring up the Surround control panel and it shows 2-1-3 like below, then you need to drag those monitor icons to make it show 1-2-3 to reflect the numbers being displayed on your monitors.

NVIDIA_Control_Panel_2_zps0923cca5.jpg

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I actually did drag the monitors to 213. the 123 but for some reason nvidia had a mind of its own.  I wonder if setting up my monitors in the windows (screen resolution) and extended dexktop had anything to do with it.

I went as far as to swap monitor cables to match nvidias port assignments. ( 213 ) ...  switch cables to 123.  when I did that nvidia moved things around again..  What a pain..   So I shut the system down and while nvia wasn't looking I mover the monitors cables to get the desired results - 123.

After dealing with an APPCRASH that resulted from dropping XCAMERA ( or what ever that new pluging is called ) into my plugins folder - I deleted it, and re-set my screen resolutions and BINGO....   Everything works and it looks and performs great.

even trackir works after a lot of tweaking.

Thanks for checking in to help.

How to i mark a problem solved  - or is that not important...   i can't edit my subject line evidently.

Wayne

Anyway  Problem(s) Solved!

Never mind on the qesution about editing my subject line..  I just saw the button for "Mark Solved"

I'm new and learning more each day!