Sign in to follow this  

FSX Freeze, no error

Hello everyone,

I have just done an fsx reinstall from an old one which kept crashing.  I thought that by installing to the C drive, I could fix these problems, but to no avail.  Every time I load up the aerosoft airbus x at an airport, everything works fine until all of a sudden, the entire game would freeze.  No "not responding" boxes, app crash view does not produce any errors, and neither does windows error reporter.  The game just freezes, it doesn't even cloud over with white like some others do.  At most times, the CPU will max out to 100% on all cores.  It only happens with the aerosoft airbus at European airports.   I use some Aerosoft airports and UK2000 EGLL.  System is intel I7 4770K overclocked to 4.1.  EVGA GTX 750 1gb.  I have followed all the steps in the guide, nothing worked.

Thanks in advance!

You could run Process Monitor and monitor just FSX as described on Page 4 of the CTD Guide. That's how I discovered an unexplained freeze at the same location on every flight. You need to write down the time of the freeze so you can try to find it in the Process Monitor log and see what was loading. If it was AI aircraft, then you have a winner. Something wrong with the AI Program.

I doubt there is a problem with the Aerosoft Airbus X as a lot of people have that and are having no problems (or they are just not reporting them here). The Aerosoft airports and UK2000 EGLL are hard on fps but they do not cause freezes.

When the CPU is maxing out at 100% on all cores, it means you have a lot of things loading. Photoscenery will do this so disable any photoscenery you are not using. I had the same thing occurring (100% CPU usage) when I installed 40 States here in the USA. So, you have to see what all is loading (with the Process Monitor) to get a clue as to what's eating up the CPU usage.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the quick response,

I think I found the cause of the problem, the affinity mask tweak I employed in the cfg.  I forgot to remove it in my earlier diagnostics.  Once that was removed, the freezes were gone.  However, now when I exit fsx, I get an error message involving unloading fmgs.dll.  I will post the error report as soon as I can.

Thanks again!

I get an error message involving unloading fmgs.dll. I will post the error report as soon as I can.

Perhaps the following link will help - http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/75242-intolerable-fmgsdll-fatal-error/.

A lot of freezes/crashes can be fixed immediately by rebuilding the FSX.cfg as many put in tweaks where the parameters are wrong or it is conflicting with your computer system operation. I do not believe in tweaks but know everyone has to have them to make them feel like they are getting great performance. I have not seen one tweak yet that works since 2007.

Glad you were able to troubleshoot and fix part of your problem.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Unfortunately the success was short lived.  I tried to fly today, fsx crashed 50 times (I was counting) I never got to push back even.  I have tried everything again the ctd guide, still crashing.

Well, the problem is your Aerosoft aircraft so you need to go there and see if they have a fix for your problem. The CTD Guide handles only the more common crashes.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

ok, thanks I'll go to aerosoft's support.  I rebuild the cfg and everything seems to work, but I didn't get a chance to fully test everything.

You stated you did everything suggested in the CTD Guide so I did not recommend that you rebuild your config. Rebuilding your fsx.cfg is probably the best way to fix most CTD's as a lot of people throw in worthless tweaks that actually bring down your system if not configured properly for YOUR computer system.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks for the reply,

I did do everything including rebuilding the cfg.  Before, that didn't work, but I did it again and all of a sudden, everything seemed to work better.  I'll test everything further.

Thanks