Hi all:

Occasionally I get a blue screen of death (Windows crash) that I think has something to do with the way I am using ASN with FSX.

I am running Win 7 Pro 64 along with UTX, UT2, GEX, and FSGenisis for scenery.

Because I fly long flights and don't like leaving my FS computer connected to the web for those kind of times I follow this procedure:

1 Launch ASN and download the WX.

2. Launch FSX and prepare flight to depart. Usually take about 20-30 minutes. During this time ASN is connected to the web. Clearly the local weather is downloaded.

3. Before departing I configure ASN for "Historical" rather than "Live" or "Manual", using current weather as historical. I check the box for locking time to FSX time.

4. I break the internet connection and off I go.

As I said, occasionally I will get the "blue screen of death" and I am suspicious that I may be causing it by getting ASN somehow out of synch with FSX.

I would appreciate any comments to my approach and thoughts on how  I may be causing the crashes.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Forgot to mention that I saw more blue screens before I started checking the time synching box. Prior I used "Manual".

Blue screens are usually a hardware issue.

Are you overheating? Overclocked?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Check your hardware first - run diagnostic on your RAM and make certain your CPU temps are OK. Also, make sure all of your drivers are up-to-date. I had this issue last year and my temps were fine, memory was fine, etc. It ended up being my drivers - several needed updating.  

Cheers,

Todd

Thanks Todd and Dave. Your answers led me to research this a bit more, as I should have done at first. I did update to the 347.09 driver I believe it was just recently. Could you suggest how I go about checking all the drivers for need of an up to date? I am running an I7 4820 I think it is 3.7 oc'd to 4.5. Whenever I look at the temps they are down in the 50's while running FSX. I have super water cooling that seems to do the job. It sure sounds like this is something in the driver/hardware area rather than ASN/FSX. Also if it happens again I need to write down the error code.

Thanks again

I run the 337.88 drivers for both P3D and FSX.

It is most likely your overclock kicking everything out.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png