Sign in to follow this  
jbcallender

FSX SP2/Accel - Random Scenery Polygons and Textures

After many weeks of successful simming after a reinstall, FSX decided to start displaying random polygons and painting various textures such as a building sides painted in the sky and chain link ceilings.  Occasional spikes and artifacts show up as well.  This is with FSX real world weather - AS2012 is not running.  I don't have REX clouds installed,  I have had FSX Global and ORBX successfully installed for several months.  I have the 737NGX, Airbus Extended installed.  I recently installed the A2A C182 and the Realflight Turbine Duke 2.  I have not made any wild tweaks to FSX.cfg.  I have a  980GTX vidcard and usually get FPS in the upper teens with everything loaded with it locked at 33FPS.

I moved some sceneries up and down to rebuild the scenery.cfg file.  I don't know if you can delete that and have FSX rebuild it as you can with FSX.cfg.

I can't pin this down to anything I installed or tweaked.  I just did a FSX reinstall on it's own SSD a couple of months ago and would rather take a beating than do it again.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jeff Callender

Interestingly enough, reinstalling Nvidia driver 344.75 over the current 344.75 seems to have solved the issue......

Jeff Callender