Sign in to follow this  
FLighT01

GTN 750/650

odb is obstacles file... Antennas and mountains etc

All this jazz with with RXP stuff as well

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Here is a more detailed description :smile: :

Thanks, Tim!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Guest Mik75

Here is a more detailed description :smile: :

That's a nice finding! Thanks a lot!!!!!

After a number of hours of hair pulling today trying to install the latest version 5 of the trainer and the latest download (for reinstall) of the 750, I am wondering if Flight 1 has really updated the 750/650 to be compatible??? My install attempts ended up with failures to function and registry or "cant find file" errors. Finally gave up and here I sit.

Comments/suggestions please. Thanks To All. === Bob

Bob, it works just fine for many of us, as you know from the forums..

Suggest you sort it out with Flight1 support.

Venting in this forum may make you feel better, but it will not fix whatever problems you are encountering  B)

Bert

Bob, it works just fine for many of us, as you know from the forums..

Suggest you sort it out with Flight1 support.

Venting in this forum may make you feel better, but it will not fix whatever problems you are encountering  B)

Hi Bert -- well, I was just trying to get a little friendly help or guidance relative to this problem which I have not come across.

Guess that was just too difficult to provide.

The friendly help is:  "Go talk to the people who can help you.."

Not too difficult.... good advice, in my books..

It is a problem which I have not come across either, or I would offer ideas..

Bert

Apollo, Bert is right on this one. I recently had issues with my GTN750, and made a post about it in the Flight 1 GTN specific support forums. The one where you have to prove ownership to even view.

What I got was nothing less than excellent customer service. Personal contact and support from the support staff until my issue was resolved. Far and away the best service I have received in the sim community.

Research your issue there, and if you can't solve it with the info there, make a new thread. The response time is amazing. Hope this helps.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I had the "can't find the FSX installation" issue, and even after pointing it to my FSX folder I suffered error codes , CTD's, all sorts of strange issues, some of it eventually turned out to be of my own doing. I gave plenty of detail in my posts and Tiberiu at F1 went the extra mile to get me fixed up. Sent me an E-mail and some substitute gauge file entries to try and surprisingly, had me reinstall the 750 from the sales page right over top of my botched previous 108b install (which windows was telling me was missing a file and couldn't be removed-my fault). You would generally believe a clean install would be the way to go but not in my case. For me.It seems to have fixed all my issues. Unfortunately there is only one of him to field questions and troubleshoot.

The fact that so many aren't having issues speaks for itself, but I understand, when it happens to me I get a little...excited.

Frank L.T

Apollo, Bert is right on this one. I recently had issues with my GTN750, and made a post about it in the Flight 1 GTN specific support forums. The one where you have to prove ownership to even view.

What I got was nothing less than excellent customer service. Personal contact and support from the support staff until my issue was resolved. Far and away the best service I have received in the sim community.

Research your issue there, and if you can't solve it with the info there, make a new thread. The response time is amazing. Hope this helps.

Hello All --- and thanks for the useful guidance. N405GJ, I did indeed go to the Flight 1 resource site, SimForums.com, and found a few posts that directed me to a solution.

FWIW, I found that after first completely cleaning out all traces of the GTN files and registry info to make sure that I indeed had the latest files from F1, I again installed the Trainer software first, then used the F1 wrapper to install the GTN750 files. The issue I was missing was that, I needed to ignore the errors indicated at install time, and physically move the GTN gauge files from their install folder to the FSX gauge file. The install process did not do this. At that point, all is working fine!!!  :Big Grin:

Thanks again for the advice and help.   Much appreciated.

Flight one have just released a patch for the latest steam update

ZORAN

I can't imagine flying the A2A Cessna 182 without it!

Forgive me for dragging the conversation back a bit... well a whole lot. I like the looks of the GTN, and am impressed with the great ratings that so many are giving it - but I'm confused. When I first saw it for sale on the F1 site, there were notes about needing to separately purchase extra discs from Garmin to use the GTN in Canada. Now it looks like extra disc are free? Does anyone know what all I would need to use it mainly in Canada and the US?

Tom McDonald

With the latest GTN update comes worldwide terrain coverage  (no need to buy the CD).

Canada has been included from the beginning, no change there.. :rolleyes:

Bert