Sign in to follow this  
FLighT01

GTN 750/650

I notice that with the GTN 750, point and drag is only working with the pop up.  I cannot get it to function when in the VC.

Anyone else having this issue?  Something I'm missing in settings?

Hirdy

This is a known problem. It has to do with the way FSX screen mouse positions are returned by the sim. They aren't reliable while in the VC, but work splendidly in a 2d popup window.

P3Dv2.x works correctly as designed.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

P3Dv2.x works correctly as designed.

Oh!  This is why I've never seen this bug.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Garmin has released a new version of their GTN PC Trainer software. While it is not yet compatible with Flight1's GTN units, it once again includes newer navdata as well as updated databases:

garmingtnsjuvr.jpg

But even more important: SafeTaxi for Europe!

garmingtn317u8r.jpg

garmingtn29su9r.jpg

Despite the terrain obstacle database which I didn't get to work with the older - Flight1 supported - GTN Trainer software, all other databases do work well.

Greetings
Tim

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

But even more important: SafeTaxi for Europe!

WOW! Thanks Tim, that's amazing. I won't pester F1 about it this time though like I did over v5, I'll just quietly extract the updated data... :D

EDIT:

You can copy and paste the updated database files from the download to update your NavData

Mark, I've just realised who you are. You created those amazing FS2Crew checklists on the AVSIM library right?

Thanks very much. I have all the FS2Crew voice controls and I use your checklists for every flight in PDF Kneeboard.

I made a Q400 one based on your design, hope you don't mind? if you want it, send me your email address via PM and I'll send it over.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

You can copy and paste the updated database files from the download to update your NavData....just don't install it and backup the old one.

Just keep the terrain.odb file from the 2014 version..

Bert

WOW! Thanks Tim, that's amazing. I won't pester F1 about it this time though like I did over v5, I'll just quietly extract the updated data... :D

EDIT:

Mark, I've just realised who you are. You created those amazing FS2Crew checklists on the AVSIM library right?

Thanks very much. I have all the FS2Crew voice controls and I use your checklists for every flight in PDF Kneeboard.

I made a Q400 one based on your design, hope you don't mind? if you want it, send me your email address via PM and I'll send it over.

Yes that's me, thanks for the complement..  I actually have the Q400 version but did not upload it for some reason.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Before I pull the trigger and purchase this for my A2A C182 and Turbine Duke maybe you all can answer some basic questions. This is compatible both in the FSX and Prepar3d versions right? When a new version comes out are they quick to update compatibility?

Does the GPS also pop-up so you can drag it to a second screen and also stay in the VC at the same time?

Guest Mik75

Before I pull the trigger and purchase this for my A2A C182 and Turbine Duke maybe you all can answer some basic questions. This is compatible both in the FSX and Prepar3d versions right? When a new version comes out are they quick to update compatibility?

Does the GPS also pop-up so you can drag it to a second screen and also stay in the VC at the same time?

There are versions for P3D and FSX that have to be bought seperatley.

When you use the 2D popup, the gauge in the VC goes black.

There are versions for P3D and FSX that have to be bought seperatley.

When you use the 2D popup, the gauge in the VC goes black.

Thanks for the answer. I will only be using it in Prepar3d in those two aircraft for now. I was mostly curious if they update compatibility in a timely manner when anew version of p3d is released. I remember not being able to use many add-ons for quite some time in the last update due to compatibility. 

Brett, F1 have updates available within a few days usually.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Purchased, Installed, and used! This thing is a game changer for sure!