Sign in to follow this  
sac601

PMDG B772 engine on but can't accelerate

For the last few days I have been having a problem with my PMDG 772. I start the engines like usually but when I accelerate the throttle are going but no power at all. I look at my AIR and there is nothing no green line to the engine but the engine are going. Is there anyone who could help please?

Thanks

Al

For the last few days I have been having a problem with my PMDG 772. I start the engines like usually but when I accelerate the throttle are going but no power at all. I look at my AIR and there is nothing no green line to the engine but the engine are going. Is there anyone who could help please?

Hi, Al,

Not sure what you mean by "AIR."  Does N1 increase on the EICAS?  What type of throttle are you using, and are you sure it is connected?  If you are not sure about your throttle, try the F3 or F4 key.

PMDG wants you to sign your full name in its forums.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Yes brake are off. Mike the N1 is both 21.3 but N2 at 68.7. The throttles are moving no problem but in AIR display on Lower DU it show no green bar at all???

Al

Al, full names here please.

The AIR display indicates bleed air flow. It's not a trouble shooting tool for engine performance.  Please read the Intro document and take the time to fly the Tutorial #1.  If throttles are moving but N1 stays at about 20% then there is a problem with your game controller.

Dan Downs KCRP

Game controller is ok because when I look in the cockpit the throttle is moving.. Now I did more test and after engine is stated this problem is on for at least 5 minutes then suddenly the sir  from left and right pack goes green to the engine and now throttle works. Strange???

Al

then suddenly the sir from left and right pack goes green to the engine and now throttle works. Strange??

This is probably the packs coming back online after automatically switching off to allow enough bleed air for engine start.  If N2 is 68% you obviously have enough bleed air for a start, since somewhere around 18% N2 is enough.  Also your N1 sounds about right for idling engines, so they are already on.  Did you try the F3 (increase throttle) and F4 (max throttle) keys?  

PMDG is likely to delete your posts if you don't sign your full name.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi,

The T7 is not exactly like a car where you can start engine and immediately pull forward! Usually, the before taxi checklist takes several minutes so I never tried to pull throttles immediately after start up. But if it is not normal to have to wait for 5 minutes, then you should submit a ticket on the PMDG's support website.

And as advised several times already, sign your post with your full names, it is mandatory on PMDG's forum:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458101-signing-posts-in-this-forum-an-overview-for-enforcement/

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.