Sign in to follow this  
virginblue737

Precipit FX, Anyone tried it ? Any FPS hit

Yep, very good purchase. Nice product that enhance a lot rain and snow experience.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Hi all, 

Just wanted to let you know that I bought it and put it into use tonight!

And i honestly dont know why i didnt buy it sooner :) Great product 

Thank you to all

what about DX10, i think i read somewhere that someone was having a horrible frame hit with DX10

anyone running it in DX10

Thanks

JHo

Not in my experience. Works just fine in DX10 mode without any FPS hit.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Anybody use it with GA airplanes?  How's it do?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Precipit FX   is fine with DX10 but for immersion 777 FPS hit on Cruise Flight over 34000.  Very Bad FPS hit to 5-7 FPS  try all method with disabling DX10 and Antianalising still no idea,

Anybody use it with GA airplanes?  How's it do?

Just bought it Gregg.  About 12.86 USD with the rate from CAD.  I like it - subtle tire spray with winter textures etc, rain and snow especially look great.  There's also a prop spray like when some planes power up there's a blast of dust/snow etc.  I installed it to P3D haven't checked their yet.  I don't think they have precip effects done for P3D yet.  The falling snow looks awesome and the snow warp is gone  - flying through snow looks a lot more subtle.

DX9 Here no fps hit I can tell

tirespray.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thank you all for your answers! 

I have decided to buy the product :) 

Thanks again 

If you have the PMDG 777 consider that one too.

I haven't seen an answer for the following:   Are all of these effects viewable from inside the VC or do they only appear when one's view is external?    (in particular when viewing AI aircraft.)

Alexander Alonso

You can see them inside but they're not on your windshield they're just effects

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for the info Ryan.   

I think someone also answered as well in the other thread, where they stated that the only effects viewable from the VC are the rain/snow effects.  But the other effects happening on AI airplanes can only be viewed via external view.

Alexander Alonso

Since most effects are for exterior view, would it be safe to assume no FPS loss in the VC? Also wondering if anyone has tried to uninstall the effects. Worse comes to worse, I'm a little worried about restoring backup aircraft.cfg files and such.