Sign in to follow this  
briman

FSX scrambled - 737NG retrieve.

Any help &/or ideas much appreciated.  I uninstalled Rex Soft Clouds using their uninstall .  What went wrong is unknown but the result was loss of shortcut icons to majority of add on aircraft and scenery as well as the FSX icon.  I have regained FSX using the disc to do a repair and have the basic sim working.  From the sim I can see only the FSX base aircraft are listed.  I want now to remove each add on and reinstall starting with the PMDG 737NG.  Firstly because it is the most flown and secondly it was installed from disc.  I read that it is unwise to manually uninstall ( It is still shown in the Windows Uninstall list ).  Could someone advise on the best way of removing the 737NG patched to SP1.  If I use the disc is there a repair option available?

Lastly I am considering going FSX Steam as a possible fall back position but will stll need to remove the NG.

All help appreciated.

Briman. 

ps. I'm using W7.

My apologies for multi posting . The connection was not good.

Thanks for any help

briman.

Brian Newman

Hi Briman,

That is really strange that using the REX uninstaller has done this. It sounds like there may be another issue going on there.

I would suggest that if the product is still on the Windows uninstall list you remove the product that way and try and reinstall.

Has anything else been updated/added/removed from your system lately?

FSX Steam Edition is widely debated at the moment and there are plenty of people discussing it if you do an online search.

PMDG aircraft are currently in the process of being made compatible with FSX Steam Edition but are not yet compatible at the moment. Keep an eye out on the forum for more information on that!

Greg

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

Thanks Greg,  The people at REX are unable to add anything either.  I ran  Ccleaner, not to change anything but to locate the problem.  I'm missing a mountain of

shared dlls.  Mainly linked to PMDG. The registry key is HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current version\Shared Dlls.  Besides PMDG there are two more

entries needing this reg. key, which are C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\framework\v1.0.3705\system.enterpriseservices dll and v.1.0.3705\vsavb 7rt.dll

Besides PMDG , Majestic and Qualitywings aircraft I've lost a bucketload of add on scenery.

You have probably gathered I'm no teckie and I'm wondering whether to uninstall everything and start over. Being retired I guess I can find the time!

Brian   

Brian Newman

You have probably gathered I'm no teckie and I'm wondering whether to uninstall everything and start over. Being retired I guess I can find the time!

Hi Brian,

I know that feeling well. Several months ago when my FS machine had a bad moment, it caused havoc with FSX and the add ons.  Curiously, recently when I was getting Soft Clouds to work, I also noticed my FS shortcut vanished?? I went back to the directory and copied it back to the start area. Some times, you have to bite the bullet and start again with EVERYTHING. Always amazing how smooth every thing runds after a re-install. 

You might want to look in the PMDG Knowledge area. Some great stuff there to help..eg

..http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

For what its worth, I make a point of always recording my FSX software downloads, reg keys, on a separate key drive and backed up an my work machine for insurance. So, while it is a pain recovering every thing, you at least have all the information as to what every thing was, where it is(download/box) and what the keys were to re-register them.

PS, I am also retired...just another job mate....

Good luck.

Regards

Geoff Bryce

Hi Brian,

Try and completely uninstall the NGX if it is still showing in the Windows uninstall list and then reinstall it and see if it works and take it from there.

Hopefully it works and then you can do that with the other products.

You can let me know how you get on.

Good luck

Greg

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

Hi Geoff and Greg,  Thanks for the feed back.  In a dark place the light shines a long way!  Gregg I uninstalled the NG but coming to reinstall the disc requested

SP2 installation in FSX.   Strange because it was patched already and FSX would not let me patch again.  I've now uninstalled FSX and am also removing all other

add ons following the PMDG guide, Geoff thanks for the link.  I'm not sure whether to go FSX again or try FSX SE. I read PMDG are working for compatibility on

both platforms but is it wise to have two similar OS on the same drive, particularly when they will be sharing the same add ons?  There is some good news.

Robert confirms we are only days from the 777 [ which I don't yet have] being available for FSX SE so by default I should get promoted from 737 to 777.

Assuming of course the wife understands the urgency.  

Thanks again Greg and Geoff for your support, it helps to know these things happen to others also.

Regards,

Brian.         

Brian Newman

I suggest you get things working and all straightened out before installing the Steam version. You already have the FSX discs so it's also the least cost option.  FSX:SE has it's own set up and environment separate from FSX, I am running both.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan please let me know do you have FSX and FSX:SE on the same drive and do both recognise your add ons?  If that's so did you have to duplicate installation to each sim or was the original instal recognised by SE?  Hope I explained that clearly.

Thanks,

Brian.

Brian Newman

Brian, it shouldn't make any difference if the are on same drive or separate drives because each has it's own unique registry entries, documents and local app roaming directories.  I happen to have FSX on my C: SSD drive and other stuff like FSX:SE, XPlane and P3D on a Velociraptor HDD, my F: drive.  Some installers have recognized both and they ask for the intended target, others are blind of FSX:SE.

Dan Downs KCRP