Sign in to follow this  
leefree

Question about the Project Airbus A380 for FS9

Hi guys,

So I've gone to the project Airbus website and downloaded the A380 base package for FS9. I followed the direction within the read me file. Installed a livery to use the aircraft. I am trying to integrate vasFMC for use with this addon. There's the standalone version and the gauge version of vasFMC. I've downloaded the gauge version and pointed the installer to my FS9 directory, loaded the aircraft and I get the:

"Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled.

File: GAUGES\vasfmcgau.GAU"

I've searched online. Even found a thread with a solution but I'm still getting the error. I have the latest AIRAC files installed for vasFMC and they are in the correct directory. Thread also said that I needed to make sure that VasFMC gauges are entered in the aircraft config which seems to be listed in there unless I'm missing something. Don't really know what to do at this point so any suggestions would be helpful :)

Thanks,

-Lee

I seem to recall something with making sure that you disable compatibility mode... I'll look into it tomorrow and tell you if I find anything, as I once got this exact issue and somehow solved it.

Chris

FS2004 Forever

I seem to recall something with making sure that you disable compatibility mode... I'll look into it tomorrow and tell you if I find anything, as I once got this exact issue and somehow solved it.

Chris

Yeah let me know what you find. I have FS9 set to run in administrative mode.

Ah, I remember what I did. I updated my FSUIPC (even if you have the latest version, try redownloading and reinstalling). This solved the issue for me.

FS2004 Forever

Ah, I remember what I did. I updated my FSUIPC (even if you have the latest version, try redownloading and reinstalling). This solved the issue for me.

Yeah tried that, and it didn't work. I ended up uninstalling vasFMC and then deleting the Project Airbus folders from the aircraft directory and reinstalled it. Without vasFMC, the aircraft loads fine but obviously with black gauges but once vasFMC is installed, that is when I get the gauge error. So at this point I'm just gonna have to deal with the Wilco Airbus A380 as the alternative. Thank you for your help, though :)

BOOM!! Got it working. Probably the most simplest fix too which came from sifting through those messages boards lol. 

For anyone else having the same problem, after installing the vasFMC gauge navigate to your Gauges folder and look for a file called "vasfmcgau.gau" Copy that and go into the Aircraft folder and look for a folder called "vasfmc_panel_a320" and paste the gauge file in that folder. Everything should work. 

Breakdown:
1.Install VASFMC Gauge file
2.Go to Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Gauges and select and copy the vasfmcgau.gau file.
3.Go to Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\vasfmc_panel_a320 and paste the gauge file in that folder.

:D 

I used to have this working. I am now away from home and trying to set this up on another PC (with XP x64) - I just get the message..

"Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled. File: GAUGES\vasfmcgau.GAU"

I tried what you did above - the VASFMC software is installed into My Documents (does it need to be somewhere specific, like Program Files?? The gauge is in the FS9/Gauges folder and in the A320 folder that installs with VASFMC (I am using this in the first instance until I can get it working, before trying it with the A380!).

No joy. Does the software work in XP 64-bit? It seemed to install fine.. all the folders are there.

Any other way to stop the gauge error message? I am not sure how I was successful before!! I don't recall getting this error message, just problems initially with the gauge showing up in the sim.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/432546-vasfmc-help-with-installation-please/

Thanks