Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Your smoothest landing ever?

My all time best ever  :Straight Face:

Diego.

I got a +10 once :)

Yep, a positive value. That was with the Aerosoft Dash 6 Twotter in Banff (CYBA). I have a Simaddons scenery for that airstrip which features a tilted runway.

Peter

As previously pointed out, real world crews are much more concerned with landing in the touch down zone than getting a 'greaser'. If you can grease it in the right place then all well and good but anyone can hold the nose off long enough to get a -5fpm touchdown halfway down the runway.

Systems such as RAAS will generate a 'long landing' caution in such a situation and you'll be summoned for a tea with no biscuits meeting with the chief pilot before long.

Even a rattler in the touchdown zone is safe. Regular Ryanair fliers might have noticed that many of their arrivals are less than graceful. This is allegedly because their SOP is to get in the touch down zone every time, regardless of the runway length, as RYR operate to some marginal places. It seems odd at somewhere like Stansted with its thousands of metres of concrete, but them's the rules.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com