Sign in to follow this  
airernie

At what monitor size does FSX become lifesize?

I think the main thing to consider here to make an accurate comparison, is that if you use a virtual cockpit you are pretty much only seeing 1/3 of the world. The other 2/3 is taken up by the gauges.

In a real world aircraft, the gauges are not in your main field of view like they are in a VC. It doesn't matter what size monitor you have, the ratio will always be  the same.

I have five 24" monitors for my main views at eye level without gauges in a wideview networked cockpit. I have a 40" tv below the main views for the gauges, and I feel it gives me a fairly accurate view of the world.

Bill

I have five 24" monitors for my main views at eye level without gauges in a wideview networked cockpit. I have a 40" tv below the main views for the gauges, and I feel it gives me a fairly accurate view of the world.

How do you cut the virtual cockpit out of the top views? 

Ernest Pergrem

How do you cut the virtual cockpit out of the top views? 

I use 2D cockpit windows, and delete the 2d cockpit panel. Some aircraft don't come with 2d panels. If that is the case you will have a clear view by pressing F9 or F10 I think it is. I made my own gauge panel in Flight Sim Panel Studio for the bottom monitor. You could also just use the original 2d cockpit panel on the bottom monitor as well, or if the aircraft doesn't have one, use the VC and change the view so you just see the gauges.

Bill

The same thing happened to me - I had 3 monitors and one went dead.  Replaced them with a 40" 4K monitor running at 2440 x 1600 and I would never go back.  I can sit close to the monitor, very immersive, and get better fps than I had with the old ones.

(I'm running a i7-4970K @ 4.5 with a gtx 780)

Lon Duncombe

BTW, cost of the LG 4k 40" was only $700.

Hi

I have simerli system as you ,what fps do you get on the LG TV

THx

Nils fr.o.m. sweden