Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

Old question, hoping for new answer

For as long as I can remember, a PMDG high-end study-sim version of the 757 has been a wish of many.

I know the question has come up more than once and to my knowledge it has always been declined by PMDG. To my understanding the primairy reason for this has always been PMDG not wanting to interfere with Level-D who at one time, many many moons ago, announced to be developing one.

Although to my knowledge Level-D never stated the project to be dead, I have little (none) faith their rendition of the 757 will ever see the public light of day. To much time has passed and to little signs of it being alive have been given.

Now I do have some hope that the (also long ago) announced "secret project" of PMDG is in fact the takeover of the Level-D 757 development, much like they once did with the MD-11 (which originally also started as a project from an independent developer) and like Aerosoft has done with the Digital Aviation CRJ-900.

If the secret project is not a 757, is there any chance for PMDG to reconsider (given that it's unlikely Level-D ever delivers a 757) creating a 757. Being an 80ties aircraft with not-so advanced avionics, I would recon a 757 is relatively easy to develop (compared to a 777).

I would truely love a high-end 757 and I believe I'm not the only one...

In fact, it is the only tubeliner aircraft next to a nice Fokker 70/100 (I won't hold my breath for that one  :cray:) that I still desire for FSX.

I know there are QWSim and CS versions, but the first-one is to basic and the latter one is besides basic also buggy. I have them both, but hardly flying them because of these reasons.

Please don't be to hard on me for asking  :P

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Interesting.. I too wouldn't mind seeing a high-end 757 being released.

Personally, I would love to see a Boeing 707, 757 & 767 being done by PMDG.  I recall seeing an announcement for the Level D 757 in their Level D 767-300 Operations Manual which was released in 2005.  

I really wish PMDG and Level D would come to an agreement to release the 757 & an updated 767.

\Robert Hamlich/

B757 has been out of production for a decade; my preference is for a PMDG B787 as soon as possible.

Dan Downs KCRP

B757 has been out of production for a decade; my preference is for a PMDG B787 as soon as possible.

I don't think that being out of production is a reason not to create an aircraft. The 757 is still widely used by operators all over the world. Both in pax and freight versions. Besides that, it's an extremely versitile aircraft that can be used for both short-medium range ops as well as relatively long haul.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

The 757 is also HUGELY fun to fly thanks to being somewhat overpowered!

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg