Sign in to follow this  
joejccva71

Do you guys use a "career-mode" type of addon?

I'm waiting on one of the mods to respond to me asking for a Gameworld account from the forums.  Any idea how long those take?    Thanks again!

One to three days or so. Just sit tight.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I watched few video of FSE on YT, rying to see how it works and to see features, but now I'm completely confused what FSE exactly is. So far I've found that in FSE you only can rent an airplane, so if I want to fly an BN-2 Islander, then what? Also I also found that after every flight only reward is the money. Never saw any flight evaluation, passenger feedback, etc, like in FsP and FsCaptain. So at the end of every flight I can see only earned money, that's all. What is the fun with FsE, am I missing something or I didn't saw everything?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I watched few video of FSE on YT, rying to see how it works and to see features, but now I'm completely confused what FSE exactly is. So far I've found that in FSE you only can rent an airplane, so if I want to fly an BN-2 Islander, then what? Also I also found that after every flight only reward is the money. Never saw any flight evaluation, passenger feedback, etc, like in FsP and FsCaptain. So at the end of every flight I can see only earned money, that's all. What is the fun with FsE, am I missing something or I didn't saw everything?

You can also own airplanes (expensive tho') and fly larger planes (not sure how you get a job for this though). Maintenance and fuel is also important.

No pax or cargo feedback whatsoever. Which is quite good, considering that the FSPax passengers are wusses and the F/A gets fairly annoying on longer flights. The F/O also won't nitpick about landing lights or any other, highly company-specific rules.

Guest JustanotherPilot

I've been using AirHauler since it's release and am more than happy with it, could say addicted. I have adapted it to Prepar3D which has added more levels of enjoyment. AirHauler 2 with many new features should be released Q1 of 2015.

Do the VA's frown upon people that use autopilot?   Especially for landing?   

In my experience as long as you land your plane within the FPM guidelines they don't care how you land. 

I wasn't a fan of Air Hauler, because it became 'work'.. I mean I was mostly starting it up to plan flights for AI pilots to keep the money flowing.

I know it's not a 'career' but I really enjoy Ideal Flight, because your planes are where you left them when you signed off. So I have different airplanes at different airports in Obrx PNW, and also the US Northeast (where I'm from), and I hop in them for flights, but the added realism of the planes being where you left them is enjoyable enough for me!

Well, hopefully the elusive SimAir will create something more engaging than what is currently offered. The REX team knows how to develop a great product for sure. And by the time it's released, all of us will have sim implants in our brains and 64K holographic projectors, so I can only imagine how immersive it will be!

:mellow:

Personally I'd like something with the persistent world and banking system of FSEconomy, plus RPG-style leveling for my avatar, employees, and company which unlocks abilities as you progress. You start by getting a license and working for another company, then progress to eventually own your own airline, gas company, airport, aircraft manufacturer, paint shop, etc... You choose your path.

An app with the depth of Eve Online would be incredible, but that is an enormous undertaking.

If I was a developer, I'd think BIG, and include a simulated marketplace very similar to Forza Motorsport, where users can open shops, buy/sell/trade/auction aircraft, flight plans, gear, etc, and even repaint for hire - all using an integrated monetary system. I think it's wise to extend the experience beyond the game, so you don't even necessarily have to open your sim to participate.

If I was a developer, I'd think BIG, and include a simulated marketplace very similar to Forza Motorsport, where users can open shops, buy/sell/trade/auction aircraft, flight plans, gear, etc, and even repaint for hire - all using an integrated monetary system. I think it's wise to extend the experience beyond the game, so you don't even necessarily have to open your sim to participate.

Wouldn't work; too much 3rd party content out there.

Wouldn't work; too much 3rd party content out there.

You can already buy and sell aircraft in FSEconomy. Adding an auction or trade feature is just an enhancement to the same code. Totally works. With third party content to boot.

Repaints, gear and such? Yeah not sure how that would work, but sim devs are a very crafty bunch...

You can already buy and sell aircraft in FSEconomy. Adding an auction or trade feature is just an enhancement to the same code. Totally works. With third party content to boot.

Repaints, gear and such? Yeah not sure how that would work, but sim devs are a very crafty bunch...

Special aircraft offers and repaint-for-money can be done via the forums as far as I know and doing, e.g. a fuel run for another virtual company is already part of the available missions. Integration into an all-in-one tool would probably mean having to start over.

Regarding repaints, FSE's (and FSPax') system is, in the eyes of this idiot, unnecessarily complicated. Instead of making sure that there's just the right manufacturer and model name in the "title=" line of the aircraft, FSE (and FSPax) both take the current variation (e.g. operator of the repaint or registration number or color) into account, which leads to one of the following:

- FSE: You have to request to have your repaint added to FSE's database before you're allowed to use it for flying in FSE

- FSPax: You're stuck with whatever paint variation you've purchased. Got a 727-200 in TWA colors in your company, but want to fly a United paint for a change? Can't do, you have to sell the TWA 722 and buy the United 722.

You can work around this by shuffling around values for "title=" lines if you want to fly a certain paint without waiting for the database or essentially repurchasing the aircraft, but this is counterintuitive.

Any "FSPax Online" or similar would have to have much better aircraft signature checking to be consistent across a lot of users. Either by atc_type and atc_model or by .mdl file name or else.

Or do it like Forza and keep the whole MMO component limited to official DLC to keep it as workable as possible.

Special aircraft offers and repaint-for-money can be done via the forums as far as I know and doing, e.g. a fuel run for another virtual company is already part of the available missions. Integration into an all-in-one tool would probably mean having to start over.

Regarding repaints, FSE's (and FSPax') system is, in the eyes of this idiot, unnecessarily complicated. Instead of making sure that there's just the right manufacturer and model name in the "title=" line of the aircraft, FSE (and FSPax) both take the current variation (e.g. operator of the repaint or registration number or color) into account, which leads to one of the following:

- FSE: You have to request to have your repaint added to FSE's database before you're allowed to use it for flying in FSE

- FSPax: You're stuck with whatever paint variation you've purchased. Got a 727-200 in TWA colors in your company, but want to fly a United paint for a change? Can't do, you have to sell the TWA 722 and buy the United 722.

You can work around this by shuffling around values for "title=" lines if you want to fly a certain paint without waiting for the database or essentially repurchasing the aircraft, but this is counterintuitive.

Any "FSPax Online" or similar would have to have much better aircraft signature checking to be consistent across a lot of users. Either by atc_type and atc_model or by .mdl file name or else.

Or do it like Forza and keep the whole MMO component limited to official DLC to keep it as workable as possible.

Thanks Bjoern all of that was very insightful. You have any idea what direction SimAir may take? I understand it wouild be pure speculation.

Cheers.

Aaron

Thanks Bjoern all of that was very insightful. You have any idea what direction SimAir may take? I understand it wouild be pure speculation.

You're welcome, but as I am not in the target audience for SimAir (payware!), I don't know what they'll do with it.

I just hope that they won't repeat FSPax' (and FSE's) mistakes.

considering that the FSPax passengers are wusses

Hahahaa I laughed so hard on this.  :lol: Regarding FA, just edit FA cruise sound files and silence them, that's what I did. I even made my own crew soundpack with "cabin secured" announce from FA, FO announcements, custom boarding, screaming, clap, etc, all from various YT videos to sound realistic.

Also X-Pax is ok, but I found it to be same as FsPax without economy bit.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

On 10/7/2018 at 3:02 AM, SimBitWorld said:

New software released that covers some of the requests:

https://secure.simmarket.com/simbitworld-a-pilots-life.phtml

Thank you!

That’s does look interesting. 

Can the schedules be updated to the latest? Can you add your own routes and airplanes etc?

Edited by Raging Bull