joejccva71

Do you guys use a "career-mode" type of addon?

Special aircraft offers and repaint-for-money can be done via the forums as far as I know and doing, e.g. a fuel run for another virtual company is already part of the available missions. Integration into an all-in-one tool would probably mean having to start over.

Regarding repaints, FSE's (and FSPax') system is, in the eyes of this idiot, unnecessarily complicated. Instead of making sure that there's just the right manufacturer and model name in the "title=" line of the aircraft, FSE (and FSPax) both take the current variation (e.g. operator of the repaint or registration number or color) into account, which leads to one of the following:

- FSE: You have to request to have your repaint added to FSE's database before you're allowed to use it for flying in FSE

- FSPax: You're stuck with whatever paint variation you've purchased. Got a 727-200 in TWA colors in your company, but want to fly a United paint for a change? Can't do, you have to sell the TWA 722 and buy the United 722.

You can work around this by shuffling around values for "title=" lines if you want to fly a certain paint without waiting for the database or essentially repurchasing the aircraft, but this is counterintuitive.

Any "FSPax Online" or similar would have to have much better aircraft signature checking to be consistent across a lot of users. Either by atc_type and atc_model or by .mdl file name or else.

Or do it like Forza and keep the whole MMO component limited to official DLC to keep it as workable as possible.

Thanks Bjoern all of that was very insightful. You have any idea what direction SimAir may take? I understand it wouild be pure speculation.

Cheers.

Aaron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks Bjoern all of that was very insightful. You have any idea what direction SimAir may take? I understand it wouild be pure speculation.

You're welcome, but as I am not in the target audience for SimAir (payware!), I don't know what they'll do with it.

I just hope that they won't repeat FSPax' (and FSE's) mistakes.

considering that the FSPax passengers are wusses

Hahahaa I laughed so hard on this.  :lol: Regarding FA, just edit FA cruise sound files and silence them, that's what I did. I even made my own crew soundpack with "cabin secured" announce from FA, FO announcements, custom boarding, screaming, clap, etc, all from various YT videos to sound realistic.

Also X-Pax is ok, but I found it to be same as FsPax without economy bit.

1 hour ago, Raging Bull said:

That’s does look interesting. 

Can the schedules be updated to the latest? Can you add your own routes and airplanes etc?

Hi,

The schedules are the latest payware I could find. At the moment the routes and airplanes are fixed. The application simulates a "must do" schedule of the airline.

Let me know if you have any other questions ( here or simbitworld@gmail.com )

• Upvote 1