Sign in to follow this  
Lucass

Wheel effects on rain

I tested it on default FSX' various airports.

I also have REX Direct and it's runways textures - maybe it depends on it?

Textures should not affect wheels effects. Are you certain that your DX10 conversion is adequate?

You will find many other posts in this forum section about it.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hey,

i also use REX runway textures. The flooded look of the wet runways can be very shiny! First i also thought there wont be any wheel effects, but they have been there, but were hardly visible. Are you really shure that there are no effects? Perhaps testing with overcast weather or during dawn might show the effects, which are not very prominent with REX wet runway texture during daytime. Just a thought.

Matthias

Hey,

i also use REX runway textures. The flooded look of the wet runways can be very shiny! First i also thought there wont be any wheel effects, but they have been there, but were hardly visible. Are you really shure that there are no effects? Perhaps testing with overcast weather or during dawn might show the effects, which are not very prominent with REX wet runway texture during daytime. Just a thought.

Matthias

Concrete runways/taxiways can make the effects look dim or invisible because of their light colours.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Gentelmen,

I'm back with the same problem...checked on default FSX planes and CT210M by Carenado (I suppose that in other my planes too), there is no wheel effect on rain or snow, at day, dusk, dawn or night. Sometimes they are, but much more often they are invisible :( ...it's randomly.

I have DX10 Fixer.

I tried Rescan option, but it not help.

I don't know what is wrong.

Lucas

Edit: I observed that problem are caused by Exclude Particle Effect options in DX10Fixer. When I unchecked this option, everything works. When it is checked, it seems that it depends on landing lights if they are on or off:

Lights off:

t2340711_fsf1.jpg

Lights on:

t2340712_fsf2.jpg

Lights on, view from side:

t2340713_fsf3.jpg

Lights off again (completely no effect)

t2340716_fsf6.jpg

Lights on, from back - no effect

t2340714_fsf4.jpg

I don't catch logic in this.

Ps. I also have issue with flashing contrails - very often they are flashing, but with "Exlude Particle Effects" option off - contrails look ok.