Sign in to follow this  
diajohn

Airport closed to arrivals

I am a long time user of Radar Contact and have encountered something new and undesirable (to me) ATC instructions in my last several flights.  When flying an IFR route, latest yesterday from KLGA to KATL, Radar Contact has announced something like the arrival airport is crowed and closed  to  arrivals.  Then nothing.  I had to finally shut down RC as it was of no use.  This has happened on my last three flights around the US.

How can I eliminate this?

John

In my 7 years of using RC4 I have never come across this scenario. If you are able to repeat it I suggest you follow the instructions pinned on the forum on generating a log and send it to JD for analysis.

Be aware the log will be enormous so you might want to keep the flight as short as possible.

Out of interest what Ai traffic package do you have and what Ai setting do you have in FSX?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,it was new to me also.  I am using MyTraffic 5.4 with Airline at 30% and GA 15%.  I should also mention this is P3D v2.4.

Were you running just RC and P3d? Have you installed the latest fsuipc4 including P3Dv24?

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

I don't know about P3D but FS9/X ATC will not allow arrivals if filed vfr and not ifr and the airport is in ifr conditions.

Nothing in RC closes an airport except if you have set holding options it can hold you for traffic or weather randomly and command holding vectors or place you in a holding pattern.

Do you have holds enabled?

NAX669.png

I did have the holds enabled.  Is that default?  Its odd because it did not place me in a hold and did not give me vectors.  I have turned off holds and maybe it will be good now.  

This was an IFR flight plan using FSBuild on the Aerosoft Airbus.  All software is latest version including FSUIPC.  

If it happens again, I will let you know.

John