Sign in to follow this  
slimfly

I'll pay you to make me an overhead window!

I need a separate 2D overhead window for my T7 setup and will pay anyone with the right skills to do the job for me.

If you have an offer then please contact me via PM, ONLY. Offers directly into this forum will not be answered.

Phillip.

This is a picture of my setup, just with another aircraft from another company who cares about their customers needs.

747Simulation_c.jpg   

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Nice setup Phillip.  It took me a while looking at the above picture to realize that those are 3 flat screens in a row, and not the windows of an actual home-made flight deck.  The overhead panel completed the illusion.

Hats off to you for that eye-catching creation, and do keep us posted as it progresses..

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

another company who cares about their customers needs.

It was discussed endlessly on this forum if 2D panels were going to be included in the 777, the community voted against it I believe, so if you ask me PMDG do care about their customers needs because they were willing to do one if a majority of the community wanted it.

Also there may be a rule that says you can't make a 2D panel yourself because you are reverse engineering the PMDG 777 product, not sure about that though.

How much does it cost to build something like that?....i have about 8x 22.5" monitors, of different makes/models ACER/DELL, laying around and after seeing this vid I said "Hey what the hell".........does that seem doable on one computer with 2 GPUs?

How much does it cost to build something like that?....i have about 8x 22.5" monitors, of different makes/models ACER/DELL, laying around and after seeing this vid I said "Hey what the hell".........does that seem doable on one computer with 2 GPUs?

Absolutely! :smile:

Here's a diagram of this setup of mine - no big deal (monitors no.9 and 10 are connected to my other PC in network)

MultiMonitorSetup.jpg

The 'cranes' and stuff back stage :wink:

747Simulation_Backstage.jpg

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

This is a picture of my setup, just with another aircraft from another company who cares about their customers needs

These days, many people use TrackIR or multi monitor setups with the VC. It's not that PMDG don't care about their customers, but rather, making a 2D panel would increase development time for something that hardly anyone uses anymore. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Also there may be a rule that says you can't make a 2D panel yourself because you are reverse engineering the PMDG 777 product, not sure about that though.

In fact, quite the reverse.  PMDG have said it's quite ok to make a 2D panel, as long as you don't use their artwork.

Also, see Ryan's post here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/405014-will-the-sdk-provide-enough-access-to-create-a-2d-panel/

I made my own 2d main panel in about 5 minutes.

I would prefer PMDG made a set of 2d panels for home cockpit enthusiasts, and procedural users like me.  2d panels don't suffer the mouse fps bug, nor does the viewpoint follow a circle diameter that is a function of the distance from the equator and the distance of the viewpoint from the centre of the aircraft.

But unfortunately, while I can program, my artwork is hopeless. So I'm not a candidate for this job.

Who did the PMDG 2d panel artwork on the 737?

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Hey,

looking at that picture i realized that this could be the perfect setup for a psx simulator (744). Did you every think about that?

Why?
+ only 2d panels
+ easy configuration on mutliple pc

+ fully modelled

+ full failure system

+ usable with xplane/p3d/fsx as a scenery generator

+ perfect performance

- only 747-400

kind regards!

Kind regards
John 

In fact, quite the reverse.  PMDG have said it's quite ok to make a 2D panel, as long as you don't use their artwork.

Also, see Ryan's post here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/405014-will-the-sdk-provide-enough-access-to-create-a-2d-panel/

I made my own 2d main panel in about 5 minutes.

I would prefer PMDG made a set of 2d panels for home cockpit enthusiasts, and procedural users like me.  2d panels don't suffer the mouse fps bug, nor does the viewpoint follow a circle diameter that is a function of the distance from the equator and the distance of the viewpoint from the centre of the aircraft.

But unfortunately, while I can program, my artwork is hopeless. So I'm not a candidate for this job.

Who did the PMDG 2d panel artwork on the 737?

Thanks Bryn for clearing that out about the reverse issue. I have also been in contact with PMDG myself who told me that it is up to the customers if they want to make a 2D panel them self through SDK.

Hey,

looking at that picture i realized that this could be the perfect setup for a psx simulator (744). Did you every think about that?

Why?

+ only 2d panels

+ easy configuration on mutliple pc

+ fully modelled

+ full failure system

+ usable with xplane/p3d/fsx as a scenery generator

+ perfect performance

- only 747-400

kind regards!

Interesting! Although I seem to be addicted to PMDG 777 these days...not particular keen on 747.

Is the PSX based on a 64 bit system? Clear of all the VAS/OOM bull****..?!

Oh, and sorry about my spontaneous comment, indicating that PMDG don't care about their customers. Of course they do!..just so frustrated about this missing 2D facility!! :(

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:

Good morning Philipp,

its written with java and has no ooms, vas or whatsoeever. it runs on very low tech hardware very well. but have a look at this review: http://mutleyshangar.com/reviews/bc/psx/psx.htm

I'm using psx now for a month and i am really happy.with 3 clicks im on a approach 6 to any aiprot (long enough( i want, another click the situation, aircraft, systems, switches are saved and i can can try over and over again. no loading times, no problems, just flying. :) 

one more bad think: the price point is steep (350 euro) - this includes a license for up to 4 computers in your local network

For more questions - just wrtie me an pm.

Kind regards
John