Sign in to follow this  
michal

Found the REAL secret regarding FPS!

I have found the Holy Grail of FPS! - at least MY Holy Grail.I fly all kinds of flights - sometimes low level VFR where I want to see nice scenery and maybe lots of other GA traffic- sometimes IFR where all I am really interested in is the weather - sometimes high levels where I want to see what the earth looks like at those high levels - sometimes a complex a/c where I am mostly interested in the a/c systems. I have realised that with my system, I can't have everything - so I relax those sliders that impact upon what I don't want for a particular flight. BUT - sometimes,although I don't want it all, I want most of it and it is then that I strike the "jerkies". Very distracting are the "jerkies"!But now I have finally realised that it is not only the quantity of FPS that determines the Sim smoothness - but significantly, the variation in FPS as you fly - or even as you are taxying. I have the following in my FS9.CFG file --under the heading [MAIN], I have placed AVE_FRAME_RATE_DISPLAY=1. This then shows on the screen, not only the average FPS but the variations in FPS with time. I saw that when I had the jerkies , the variations were quite high -- around 30%. So I lowered my FPS limit until the averages did not vary by more than 2-3%. I discovered that even though, under some conditions, I had to lower the max FPS right down to 15 to achieve this small % variation, the Sim runs smooth even with this low FPS.So now, after setting the sliders to what I want them, I not only consider the FPS that I am getting but the %percentage variation and lower the FPS in mid flight accordingly until I get a low %variation . During a long flight , I might have to do this a couple of times - which does tend to interfere with the realism factor a little - but at least I get real nice smooth flight during the different phases of the flight.Hope it helps some others who don't have the very latest system.Barry

Yea it helps, i have my system locked at 15 fps :-roll however i still experience micro stutters.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest boblj57

You said, "I have the following in my FS9.CFG file --under the heading , I have placed AVE_FRAME_RATE_DISPLAY=1."My question is, under what heading, and also how do you bring it up. Do you us the shift+Z keys?

I too cannot find the "AVE_FRAME_RATE_DISPLAY" line in my FS9.CFG.

You need to do this in your fs.cfg fileTo get average frame rates --Square Brackets--Location=316,222,964,756HideMenuNormal=0HideMenuFullscreen=1Maximized=0Ave_Frame_Rate_Display=1 <--Add this line

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest kickin_chicken

I found the real secret regarding FPS...I remapped Shift-Z to manually extend the landing gear.Now my framerates are so good I don't even see the FPS counter anymore!