Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Carenado Citation II released...now we get to see how they did

Title says it all.  Where's the popcorn?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Same here, but mark my words I'm downloading this eventually damnit!

EDIT 1: Purchased, no code and link but I am patiently waiting.

Just purchased, and now downloading;  1.5 hours to go !!   (on a very fast fibre optic connection, so they must be busy!).

:smile:

EDIT:   Download got to 250 out of 368Mb and then crashed with "Network unavailable".

I wouldn't even bother trying to download this today.   Carenado's servers clearly can't take the strain.

Imagine it will be like most of their other planes, all style no substance.

*hides*

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

My first impressions are very positive;-

• The usual stunning texturing
  • Sounds are far, far better than usual CAR releases... eg. battery fans, ambience, etc.
  • Frame Rates are an absolute non-event on my modest system.  Really good.
  • I've only briefly flown a circuit but FDE felt pretty nice.
  • Like their PC-12, it has proper working IAS Hold (pitch) mode, although it's a touch quirky (One for Bert!).
  • Some really nice, new 'different' gauges in the panel.  (versus what CAR normally do;  same gauges in most planes!).
  • If you're buying for a realistic FMS though, forget it.   It's just a mask of the default FS GPS / loaded flight plan.   It is a shame they never offered F1 GTN750 integration with this one.   Would have seemed the obvious choice.
  • So far, I like it.    ..a lot.

Engine systems;  haven't tested thoroughly enough yet but I can say that I did an engine start, with the fuel switches (incorrectly) already ON, and I got a very high ITT hot start, which seems quite realistic.     I then performed a proper start (fuel switches on when N1 at 15%), and ITT was normal.   So that in itself seems quite promising perhaps. 

"If you're buying for a realistic FMS though, forget it.   It's just a mask of the default FS GPS / loaded flight plan.   It is a shame they never offered F1 GTN750 integration with this one.   Would have seemed the obvious choice."

Thanks for the info ... I will pass on this one.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Can't read EHSI headings on the top of the gauge, texture bugs at least at night on the RMI's, avionics (radio) labels have no EL backlighting (not sure if that's a feature or bug)

AP seems finicky. Can't use VS mode and arm ALT SEL, but you can just press ALT SEL and then set the VS.

How does it pitch for speed in IAS mode? I tried that mode and nothing happened. IAS and VS modes were on at the same time which doesn't make sense. You're either climbing at a set speed or not. There's no AT so it wouldn't adjust power levers AND climb at a preset VS.

I get a fps hit pretty bad on my end. About a 50% fps loss compared to stock cessna. (That's in F1 citation mustang perf loss territory on my PC)

Some labels and digits are tough to read.

I'll definitely go and put a rxp 530w (FSX) and GTN (P3D) popup in

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you're buying for a realistic FMS though, forget it.   It's just a mask of the default FS GPS / loaded flight plan.   It is a shame they never offered F1 GTN750 integration with this one.   Would have seemed the obvious choice.

Haha, I guess support the GTN750 integration would not be looking realistic! LOL  :LMAO:

The line "realistic FMS" had my brief interest, but now, oh well typical Carenado fare.  I want desperately a good BizJet in P3Dv2, *sigh*.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I want desperately a good BizJet in P3Dv2, *sigh*.

Hopefully they will deliver in the Hawker. I'm quite looking forward to that one.

Still no download/email/link/anything on my end! Growing impatient but oh well.

Can't read EHSI headings on the top of the gauge, texture bugs at least at night on the RMI's, avionics (radio) labels have no EL backlighting (not sure if that's a feature or bug)

AP seems finicky. Can't use VS mode and arm ALT SEL, but you can just press ALT SEL and then set the VS.

How does it pitch for speed in IAS mode? I tried that mode and nothing happened. IAS and VS modes were on at the same time which doesn't make sense. You're either climbing at a set speed or not. There's no AT so it wouldn't adjust power levers AND climb at a preset VS.

I get a fps hit pretty bad on my end. About a 50% fps loss compared to stock cessna. (That's in F1 citation mustang perf loss territory on my PC)

Some labels and digits are tough to read.

I'll definitely go and put a rxp 530w (FSX) and GTN (P3D) popup in

Agree on the AP being finicky.   I did get IAS working, and (like the PC-12) it generally works well.     Just set a lateral mode, and then ALT SEL, then set IAS after that, and it will briefly 'level' the aircraft (bug) and then go back to the speed you were at, and hold it.

Yes the ability to select VS and IAS is a big bug.   These were in the PC-12 too and Bert Pieke cleaned them all up.   

Maybe, a big maybe, there will be an FMS update for this plane when the Hawker comes out all Navigraphed out and stuff :Praying:

At the $45 price, that would make sense

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020