Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Where Is Your RealAir T-Duke V2 Now?!

OK, just loading up at KBZN now, I'll do Jan 14/1800Z which should put me at KJAC roughly the same time. ASN historical WX for date/time, filed for 12,000'. Need to drop off some geologist dude at KWYS (he keeps talking about "super volcanoes" and his deodorant ain't makin' it, can't wait to get rid of him) :smile:

I'll probably get my pics together tomorrow.

I'll do Jan 14/1800Z which should put me at KJAC roughly the same time

Super! Here is my approach...  Im VFR.. they had me do right base for RW 1.. so I had to go around that little mountain on RW 1's left side. Cross winds were awful, and I floated despite my high angel approach. I'll post a vid of that here shortly.

kj001.jpg

kj002.jpgkj003.jpg

Very nicely done.  How'd you record that?  Didn't look like you used FSRecorder.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I really have to give this Turbine Duke a try, but just bought, finally, the Legacy, and I am overwhelmed by it's beauty, smoothness, incredible feel - it's truly UNIQUE!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

How'd you record that?

I use Fraps for capture (I got mine working again), and FSrecord. I have all of the messages turned off for both FSX and FSrecord. The in cockpit view was live, and the pax/roof/tower views were recorded from the FSrecord play back. It's terrible fuzzy, so I have to look into that. It's been awhile sense I've made one, so I'm trying to remember exactly how I did all the others on my channel.. :blink:

I use Fraps for capture (I got mine working again), and FSrecord. I have all of the messages turned off for both FSX and FSrecord. The in cockpit view was live, and the pax/roof/tower views were recorded from the FSrecord play back. It's terrible fuzzy, so I have to look into that. It's been awhile sense I've made one, so I'm trying to remember exactly how I did all the others on my channel.. :blink:

Dear lord, making videos is complicated!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Hey nice shots and video :smile:

I went on from KJAC so my Duke is now on the ground at KIDA, Idaho Falls but I got all wrapped up in trying to fly the departure and approach with the GTNs so I forgot to get any pics crossing the Tetons. My flight had a considerably different feel to it given Jan 14th, 1900z both weather-wise and scenery-wise. KJAC was socked in with a 1000' ceiling and winds were favoring Rwy 19 although light enough that I could have used either runway. ATIS said 19 though so I flew a large left hand pattern after crossing the airport at 10,000' and landed to the south. There's plenty of terrain east of the field and I got a chance to verify that the GTN's TAWS system does in fact work, actually I'd probably be dead right now without it because I tried to descend way too early and almost parked on top of a mountain! The worst part of it is I did exactly the same thing a few months ago in the Metroliner landing at KJAC! Old dogs, new tricks and all that I guess... :smile:

Departing KBZN

kbzn_kjac02.jpg

Into and out of KWYS, I'm not even supposed to be here this time of year, the airport isn't maintained in winter time, but hey, nothing says you can't use it if the runway's clear so...
kbzn_kjac03.jpg

kbzn_kjac04.jpg

kbzn_kjac05.jpg

kbzn_kjac06.jpg

Approaching the Tetons
kbzn_kjac07.jpg

kbzn_kjac08.jpg

Popping out under the clouds at almost exactly 1000' AGL just as ASN said it would be
kbzn_kjac09.jpg

To early for a beer so time for a Coke instead before heading off to KIDA
kbzn_kjac10.jpg

ASN window after closing the sim at KIDA, pretty much exactly what I saw in flight, basically clear to KWYS and then low hanging clouds the rest of the way
kbzn_kjac01.jpg

So far since the v2 was released I've done:

KACY Atlantic City NJ
KMBS Saginaw MI
KCID Cedar Rapids IA
KSUX Sioux City IA
KRAP Rapid City SD
KBIL Billings MT
KBZN Bozeman MT
KWYS West Yellowstone MT
KJAC Jackson Hole WY
KIDA Idaho Falls ID

I'm thinking maybe KTWF Twin Falls next and then north towards home (65S) via KMYL with maybe a stop in Sun Valley in the next couple days.

Jim

I went on from KJAC so my Duke is now on the ground at KIDA,

Excellent pics!.. I'm off the mountains headed for Vegas at night.

Not sure how this will show up.. Vegas at night.. vid in a couple minuts.

n001.jpg

n002.jpg

In this vid, you can see the water spouts of that... well whatever the hotels name is. And the pirate ships, and a fireworks display. Its a busy place at night.

Anyone know of a Flight Tutorial for this aircraft, if someone can do one that would be great.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Nice video HawkDsl! I haven't done much night flying, I'll have to try a night flight for one of my next legs. BTW, where are these inertial separator switches you've been talking about?

Wayne, the Flying guide pretty much covers everything starting on page 61, also Checklists.pdf is like 11 pages so you can print it out to use in the sim. Pretty sure you wouldn't want a tutorial from me, I do everything wrong, lol.

OK, now mine's on the ground at KTWF Twin Falls. That was the coolest flight I think I've ever done in the sim! I went back to KJAC and then flew this flightplan:

KJAC RW19.TETON3.IDA PIH BYI KTWF ILS25

The entire flight was handled by the GTN 750. You can make your flightplan outside the sim with the Garmin trainer, even simulate flying it if you want, copy the trainer's saved flightplan files into the F1 GTN 650 and 750 folders, and then everything's just like you left it in the trainer when you load up in the sim. It's like using FSX to simulate a real world flight before you fly it only you use the Garmin trainer to simulate it before you fly it in the FSX world. So you simulate before you simulate if that makes any sense, lol. This crazy thing even pops up a msg telling you when to switch the CDI source from GPS to NAV a few miles out from the runway so you can pick up the ILS.

I contemplated waiting for that Skyhawk down there on final to land before I took off then I decided he could just go around if I got in his way and went for it. As you can see waiting wasn't necessary, he's 3000' below me and 5 miles away 60 seconds later!

kjac_ktwf02.jpg

kjac_ktwf03.jpg

kjac_ktwf01.jpg

Nice video HawkDsl! I haven't done much night flying, I'll have to try a night flight for one of my next legs. BTW, where are these inertial separator switches you've been talking about?

When he mentioned them, I didn't know either, so I went hunting.  They're right next to the oil door switches...think they're labeled 'Ice Deflectors'...and the Engine AntiIce will light up on the panel when they're on.

This crazy thing even pops up a msg telling you when to switch the CDI source from GPS to NAV a few miles out from the runway so you can pick up the ILS.

Very cool.  Didn't know that.

Gregg Seipp

I have been drooling over screenshots of the Real Air Turbine Duke V2.

But alas I have succumbed and gone the whole hog and got the F1 GTN750 to go with it.

Here's lookin at you:

nWUVr.jpg

Taxing at Palm Springs with 2 GTN 750's installed.

S6M7U.jpg

Lift off and the terrain changes:

XlFDU.jpg

Terrain alerts on both screens:

qMoF.jpg

Tracking on 1 and checking charts on the other. Oops ging to fast:

gG1Bu.jpg

Now the learning curve.. Oh and awaiting the paint kit..

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"