Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Anyway to force FSX to give up some VAS?

I use CleanMem, it cleans up unused memory as often as you want and I dont see any side effects from it in my sim.

But that is not freeing VAS

I'm also looking into ways to keep my VAS low, as i'm planning on installing FSX on my laptop, which has only 2GB ram, but a very powerful CPU.

I'll test out a few things and report back when I found something

I'm also looking into ways to keep my VAS low, as i'm planning on installing FSX on my laptop, which has only 2GB ram...

Besides the fact that VAS has nothing to do with the amount of physical RAM you have, your laptop might be better suited for FS9.

...but a very powerful CPU.

Heard that before.

A powerful CPU for FSX runs at >4GHZ, does your laptop?

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

In vector I needed to turn off secondary and tertiary roads.  It really made very little difference visually but added lots of frames and probably some VAS.

How would you do that, MarkW? Is there an option  for disabling those in Vector's UI?

Thanks,

Dirk.

How would you do that, MarkW? Is there an option  for disabling those in Vector's UI?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Yes, you go into the Vector Configurator (i.e. click on the Vector icon), and you will see options for Roads.  Just turn off Secondary, Tertiary roads.  I also turned off small rivers and streams.  Everything else checked.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Yes, you go into the Vector Configurator (i.e. click on the Vector icon), and you will see options for Roads.  Just turn off Secondary, Tertiary roads.  I also turned off small rivers and streams.  Everything else checked.

Thank you, MarkW

Dirk.

Besides the fact that VAS has nothing to do with the amount of physical RAM you have, your laptop might be better suited for FS9.

Heard that before.

A powerful CPU for FSX runs at >4GHZ, does your laptop?

regards,

Joe

Thank you for your very friendly reaction........

On a low-ram PC FSX has less place to take, so crashes sooner. This is personal experience.

I think "powerful" is more subjective.

One finds 120hp in a small car powerfull because it accelerates quickly, other person would find 300hp in a heavy car powerful for holding up a high top speed.