Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

CARENADO CITATION II S550 - released!

I'd be interested in first user feedback.. a lot will hinge on whether the FMC is useable..

Bert

Carenado's website is currently down...

It's been up and down constantly since they put the Citation II on the front page with "available now".     Have been pressing the button like a mad man but no luck yet!

The early bird doesn't always get the worm...  :lol:

EDIT:  I've not gotten on to the product page, but hitting the "Buy Now" button, gives a SQL error...  :blink:

Is this the one that is supposed to have Navigraph support or is it just the Hawker?

The Hawker.     This one definitely doesn't have Navigraph.   It may be the same FMC that's in the 1900D (basically just a 'mask' of the default GPS, or hopefully it has a few new features).

Ah. Well in that case, I think I'll wait for the Hawker. It will be interesting to hear the experiences of those who have got it.

Maybe best to wait a bit.  Managed to pay for it.  But then the commerce site crashed before I was given a download link.  I checked my credit card site and the transaction went through. No email from Carenado yet.  I'm sure they will catch up eventually.  There seems to be a lot of interest in this bird.  I should have waited.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Bill, did yours show up in your "My Account" section? I bought mine and received a receipt, but it hasn't appeared in My Account and I'm also email-less.

Bill, did yours show up in your "My Account" section? I bought mine and received a receipt, but it hasn't appeared in My Account and I'm also email-less.

No, I checked "My Account" and it wasn't there.  Now, of course, I can't get on the site.  They must have under estimated the market for this product.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

They must have under estimated the market for this product.

To be fair, I think this is their first big big release in quite a while. The 4 or 5 latest products combined just didn't have the hype that this Citation has.