Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Mindstar GPS aircraft templates?

Hi Ed,

I am considering purchasing your GPS, I just have one question, if I install these units let's say into my Carenado PC-12 replacing the Carenado units, would they show in the VC, as I fly exclusively in the VC, I am hoping that these units would be placed in the aircraft and not just available as a 2D popup.  Thanks!!!

Another way to put this maybe would be, do you guys have panel templates for payware aircraft so that the integrate into the aircraft's VC?  If so, which ones.  I fly the Carenado PC-12, the Real Air Duke, and the Carenado Caravan for the most part.  I also am considering some of Milviz's offerings, possibly their upcoming King Air.  Thanks again.

EDIT  Most importantly, is this compatible with FSX Steam Edition?

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

No, we don't purchase every addon out there with 430/530 gauges and work out how to install. Honestly just don't have enough free time and money to take that route. I don't have the PC-12 and I know nothing about it's gauge support. Perhaps someone else who does and knows can chime in.

As for FSX:SE... we haven't messed with that one bit and can't speak as to whether it installs there or not. I know our installer does not explicitly know of FSX:SE as that was released after our latest update.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Mindstar works great in PC12 with twin 530 gauges. The upper one pops up to 2D which is easier to use especially on right hand knob - in my experience.

Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Thanks guys.

Ed, you guys should take a look at FSX: SE, it's what FSX should have been.  I believe the investment would be small, I know I picked it up for $5.00 last month.  It addresses a lot of the memory and performance issues that have plagued FSX since its release.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD