Sign in to follow this  
BeechPapa

Cutback Unavailable @ KSNA

I am departing KSNA with 31,400 lbs of fuel destined for KPHL, and am getting a flashing "CUTBACK UNAVAILABLE" warning as it flashes N1 86.1. All performance initializations have been programmed, including required v-speeds and CoG. I am usually able to do the cutback just fine, could I be too heavy this time due to fuel? If so, does that mean that any plane leaving KSNA is limited on fuel weight/range because of KSNA's noise abatement?

FCOM 11.40.61 If the FMS is unable to calculate a N1 for cutback you will see that message.  Yeah, not a long runway at KSNA.  I once flew on a COA737-700 to PHOG from KSNA.... the first and only -700 I ever saw in the Continental fleet, which to my delight PMDG has the legacy COA -700 livery with ETOPS painted on the nose wheel doors.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the reference. Yeah, it's pretty darn short. And the noise abatement doesn't help at all. I'm trying to recreate a flight I did out to Philly but I must have taken a 600/700 - can't remember what airline. I was looking at flightaware, and KSNA 737 departures don't go too far east, not really much farther than Denver. I think I get why now. lol. I might have to finally get the 600/700 expansion pack though.

That's pretty cool you get to fly the plane you were riding on. My favorite livery is Southwest's Warrior 1. Wish I was there for the first flight. I once flew an ancient 737-200 to John Wayne on Aeromexico. Friend bought the tickets looking for a cheap flight. We departed La Guardia in heavy thunderstorms and I'm pretty sure we hit windshear and hail. Bar none, the most terrifying experience in my entire life.        

I might have to finally get the 600/700 expansion pack though.

That would be a treat... the -700 is the sweet spot in the fleet.  It's a challenge to fly a SWA airframe for the day, there are many to choose from but I've been working on KMAF-KDAL-KLAS-KRNO. Three legs using schedule times from flightaware and ground services by GSX. It's more of a challenge than I expected getting those turnarounds done on time.  GSX pushbacks take too long so that needs a workaround.

Funny, I've never flown the -600; not sure how many are actually out there in use.

Dan Downs KCRP

I think Boeing has only sold 60 or so 737-600s, so not a very successful model. Interesting as it's the one NG that's the same size as the very successful 727-200. The only carrier in the US who has ever used them is JANET out of Vegas to Area 51, and those were not new and only acquired recently. The -600 is my next favorite variant to fly after the -700 and I actually like the clean look without the winglets.

Dave

Dave Paige

That would be a treat... the -700 is the sweet spot in the fleet.  It's a challenge to fly a SWA airframe for the day, there are many to choose from but I've been working on KMAF-KDAL-KLAS-KRNO. Three legs using schedule times from flightaware and ground services by GSX. It's more of a challenge than I expected getting those turnarounds done on time.  GSX pushbacks take too long so that needs a workaround.

Funny, I've never flown the -600; not sure how many are actually out there in use.

Multiple leg flights sourced from flightaware are the best, I know just what you mean in regards to getting the timing down. My favorite flight is an ASA one that goes PANC PABR PASC and back to PANC. It can be done in one long flight sessions in one of the handsome Alaskan liveries. Now that GSX has deicing the entire experience for these rapid turnarounds in winter is COMPLETE. I love it.

Multiple leg flights sourced from flightaware are the best, I know just what you mean in regards to getting the timing down. My favorite flight is an ASA one that goes PANC PABR PASC and back to PANC. It can be done in one long flight sessions in one of the handsome Alaskan liveries. Now that GSX has deicing the entire experience for these rapid turnarounds in winter is COMPLETE. I love it.

Does it simulate the caribou on the runway?

Matt Cee

Thanks for the reference. Yeah, it's pretty darn short. And the noise abatement doesn't help at all. I'm trying to recreate a flight I did out to Philly but I must have taken a 600/700 - can't remember what airline. I was looking at flightaware, and KSNA 737 departures don't go too far east, not really much farther than Denver. I think I get why now. lol. I might have to finally get the 600/700 expansion pack though.

That's pretty cool you get to fly the plane you were riding on. My favorite livery is Southwest's Warrior 1. Wish I was there for the first flight. I once flew an ancient 737-200 to John Wayne on Aeromexico. Friend bought the tickets looking for a cheap flight. We departed La Guardia in heavy thunderstorms and I'm pretty sure we hit windshear and hail. Bar none, the most terrifying experience in my entire life.

United actually does nonstop to ORD and EWR a couple of times daily using the -700. Done EWR a few times and talk about pucker factor before V1.