Sign in to follow this  

Carenado Citation II S550 at Palm Springs

Is the FMC fully functioning?

It appears to be, but until I do a full flight from A to B I can't confirm.  Also, I have no real world experience of the S550 FMC being used in this variant ... so take that for what it's worth.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: maybe someone that has done a complete flight can chime in?

You're getting some pretty good FPS, what are your specs?

Actually Palm Springs is hard on FPS for my system ... haven't figured out exactly why yet.

Anyway, I link my specs and settings used in the description part of the video on YouTube because I get this question frequently.

But I'll repeat them here: http://www.robainscough.com/images/868138a8f4558003b17acfa340e896b3.jpg

Settings: http://robainscough.com/P3D_4K_Long_Haul.html

Cheers, Rob.

Robs PC can be described as "The Mother Ship" of PC's

Would like to think Palm Springs would have good FPS as its amazing quality and value for the size of what you get.

1500 square kilometres of scenery, amazing value

Actually Palm Springs is hard on FPS for my system ... haven't figured out exactly why yet.

Ya that's strange...I'm getting very good performance with Orbx KPSP.  Blurry mountain textures is the only real issue I have with that scenery (I don't have an issue with blurry ground texture in general).  Maybe that's why my performance is so good!

Ryan

Ya that's strange...I'm getting very good performance with Orbx KPSP.

Yeah, others have reported good performance with KPSP and I expected good performance also considering it's rather remote location.  I haven't been able to pin point why and I've tested many different KPSP control panel configurations.  It could be the same issues I had with NCA with some .BGLs that cut my FPS by 50% ... after getting help from Orbx crew I was able to disable a few .BGL's and cured the FPS issue.  But so far, I haven't found a cure for KPSP on my setup.

Robs PC can be described as "The Mother Ship" of PC's

Haha, well, I'll have to disagree ... there are many folks here that have more recent and more capable PCs than I.  My CPU is a 3960x released Nov 2011 ... a dinosaur in technology terms.  However, my dinosaur CPU at 4.6Ghz is still only 7% less capable than a 5960X @ 4.3Ghz ... so in 3+ years Intel has only managed to improve CPU performance by 7% ... frankly that's very disappointing ... it's the Intel of Old (for those that remember AMD being top of the CPU food chain), but today no desktop competition so not much effort/resource being dedicated to desktop computing.

Cheers, Rob.

Haha, well, I'll have to disagree ... there are many folks here that have more recent and more capable PCs than I.  My CPU is a 3960x released Nov 2011 ... a dinosaur in technology terms.  However, my dinosaur CPU at 4.6Ghz is still only 7% less capable than a 5960X @ 4.3Ghz

When i got my Computer from Alienware this August 2 years ago,  A 3930K 16 gig, gtx 690,  i thought i was like ***"IT"***  until i ran the 3DMark software and quickly realized all I had was a Souped up Atari Machine:)    

Look forward to seeing your next video on this plane 

I've seen your youtube video of the amazing job you did interfacing GoFlight gear to your aircraft.

Have you been able to do anything similar with the Citation yet?

Bryn

Have you been able to do anything similar with the Citation yet?

I haven't tried yet, but planned to get my GoFlight gear working with it this weekend ... I'll publish my files if I get it working well.  So far the only aircraft I have NOT been able to do is the Majestic Q400 (waiting for the Training edition to solve that issue) ... but "I think" Carenado are pretty straight forward (fingers crossed).

Cheers, Rob.

I haven't tried yet, but planned to get my GoFlight gear working with it this weekend ... I'll publish my files if I get it working well.  So far the only aircraft I have NOT been able to do is the Majestic Q400 (waiting for the Training edition to solve that issue) ... but "I think" Carenado are pretty straight forward (fingers crossed).

Cheers, Rob.

Hello Rob,

Some of the scenery in your video is outstanding. I am eager to see your follow up. You might want to try backing the plane up as part of the show-n-tell. You gotta love those reversers and the ability to get into and out of tight spaces. Love the many different views you are providing for us.

Thanks for taking the time to show off our newest Citation. It is truly a beauty.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Quick update, the GoFlight module programming is going well for this aircraft ... no issues so far and seems straight forward, just time consuming process ... hopefully will have it done tomorrow (Sunday).

Cheers, Rob.

Quick update, the GoFlight module programming is going well for this aircraft ... no issues so far and seems straight forward, just time consuming process ... hopefully will have it done tomorrow (Sunday).

Cheers, Rob.

Good news indeed. Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

How did the GoFlight activity go in the end Rob?

On one of your youtube videos of "the office" I see you had the earlier MCP panel.  Did you ever upgrade to the MCP-Pro?

Would your GoFlight files also work with FSX or would that require a completely different set of interface parameters?

Sorry for all the questions, but what you are doing is very valuable for the community.  Many thanks.

Bryn