Sign in to follow this  
nachezdc9

Carenado citation first review?

Anyone who have bought the citation could give a first review of this plane? 45 dollars is too much for an unknow product. Thank you in advance.

Check the Carenado subforum.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hello,

since you asked for it I will tell you my (partial) experience with the 550.

I am sorry to say but Carenado really disappointed me wit this addon. Considering the price I expect that PMDG will put their coming 747 v2 on the market at a price around $500... :lol:

I will report here just a short list of the numerous bugs that I could notice during my first two flights:

1) FMS PWR/DIM button just turns ON and OFF the display. Does not switch the system nor reset it.

2) Pressing NAV button on the FMS turns the autopilot ON!!!!! :huh:

3) POS INIT page does not allow to insert the initial position ident.

4) I have not been able to insert airways into the FMS flight plan.

5) MSG, DATA, TUNE, NAV and VNAV buttons doesn't work.

6) MFD doesn't display the FMS route.

7) TCAS traffics are totally unrealistic and... weird.

8) On groud Wind Vector is displayed on HSI and MFD!!!

9) ILS: G/S captured before LOC. ILS totally unstable.

10) First Radio Altimeter call "5 Hundreds" instead of "25 Hundreds".

11) DTO (Direct TO) function on the FMS is not dispalyed on the HSI and the Autopilot doesn't follow it.

I stopped taking notes of all the bugs. I will put this addon in the Hangar until Carenado will fix it (if they ever will).

Pity, 45 dollars wasted.

To me the plane today is at a freeware quality, apart for the VC graphics, I would strongly suggest you to wait with your purchase until it will be fixed.

Hope will help

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.60GHz | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK P8P67 DELUXE | EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ | Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB | Crucial CT1000MX500 1TB | 2 x Western Digital WDC WD40EZRX 4TB | Creative X-Fi Audio Processor | NEC 24WMGX3 MultiSync | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "S550 Citation II FSX/P3D". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Sad to hear that they did´t get it right. I´m eagerly waiting for a good looking and performing (system-wise) private jet. Too bad they didn´t cut it (again!)...

To me the plane today is at a freeware quality, apart for the VC graphics, I would strongly suggest you to wait with your purchase until it will be fixed.

Isnt that Carenado in general is all about?. I wouldn't expect anything different. All about the eye candy which I always believed  is the largest segment of the community. I have a few of their smaller aircraft. where no sophistication is needed and their very good.

I do agree with both of you. Piston planes are quite good (even if nothing compared to A2A) but when they started with sophisticated turboprops and jets they totally failed.

A true pity because I am (still) looking for a good quality private jet and now I am not anymore looking hopefully for the Hawker. :(

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.60GHz | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK P8P67 DELUXE | EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ | Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB | Crucial CT1000MX500 1TB | 2 x Western Digital WDC WD40EZRX 4TB | Creative X-Fi Audio Processor | NEC 24WMGX3 MultiSync | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Naturally if they were presenting it in a real training simulator it would have to be detailed accurate in what regards systems etc...

As is, it meets the wants/needs of only untrained hobbyists, which most in this community are.

Well, was anyone surprised? Another Phenom 100 scenario?

After reading ALL the posts and commentary on this one, it would appear that Carenado has not outdone themselves, AGAIN. Another pretty shell with dysfunctional or weak systems implementation and over-priced. We learned on the Phenom!

If you want a reasonable exec jet, try the LionHeart Lear. Everything works in it nicely. A joy to own and fly.

Carenado should stick to simple, basic airplanes -- an area where they put out nice products.

The ONLY thing I can say is that they must make money doing this.  For me, I'll just wait for the Eaglesoft offerings...and keep right on flying and improving my Mustang.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Well, was anyone surprised? Another Phenom 100 scenario?

After reading ALL the posts and commentary on this one, it would appear that Carenado has not outdone themselves, AGAIN. Another pretty shell with dysfunctional or weak systems implementation and over-priced. We learned on the Phenom!

If you want a reasonable exec jet, try the LionHeart Lear. Everything works in it nicely. A joy to own and fly.

Carenado should stick to simple, basic airplanes -- an area where they put out nice products.

The Lear 24B is a joy to fly. It has a few bugs, but it's still my favorite corporate jet right now.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Another Phenom 100 scenario?

It is certainly sounding like it so far - I held off for a long time on the Phenom, but in the end I was so  really wanting a nice small jet that I broke down and got it - definitely a big purchase mistake for me, as the plane is just a glass-paneled FPS sucker, and is really a "soulless" flying experience IMPO. I was letting myself start to get interested in this new offering, but it sounds like I will be passing...

The last good release from Carenado was the C337 Skymaster; IMO they got that one pretty spot on. Nothing else from then since has really been close to worth buying, pity really as their modelling and texturing is fantastic - their flight models and systems depth/accuracy are way off the mark though.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

peppy, I don't want to contraddict you but how do you explain, then, the great success of PMDG, A2A and Majestic planes?

I am not so sure that most of simmers are basic untrained hobbyst.

Furthermore Carenado people were aware of the "basic" level of the 550 and they shouldn't have priced it at a similar level of the Dash 8Q or the BAe 4100.

Two days ago I purchased the Milviz Kingair 350 and even if still in a Beta stage is far better than the Citation and the price is very close.