Sign in to follow this  
nachezdc9

Carenado citation first review?

Looks great to me Ray!

Sold......if Carenado do it.

As I said before, surely adding this integration is simpler than providing a poorly disguised FMS?

One would think.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

As for the FMS most Citation pilots don't use them My dad Flys one for a small company and he and the other pilots just use the GPS's vs programing the FMS

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I sent an email to carenado support about considering the F1 GTN VC Integration added to upcoming updates or patches to the Citation. The next morning I had a response from them as follows.

"Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We'll consider if we can include it as a modification on a future patch we might release for the aircraft.

Regards.

Carenado Team."

That seems quite hopeful actually. I think if we as a community keep expressing the demand for the F1 integration politely, they just might make this happen for us. All things considered, I do enjoy flying this Citation quite a lot.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Integrated GTN750 would be great.

One comment on the autopilot...it needs work(speaking from the viewpoint of someone who has flown for a living for a lot of years). If the autopilot was improved - hopefully they have a beta tester who knows autopilots - and the GTN integrated this would be a very good aircraft as the aircraft has a good foundation now......this could move Carenado into the big league.

Not sorry I bought it but if the two things above were done......that'd be great.

Dave

Guest BeaverDriver

hopefully they have a beta tester who knows autopilots

They do. Didn't they tell you? You're it :P

Now get to work <LOL>.

Not just GTN. GNS,too. There is probably much larger user base with the rxp gauges.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Not just GTN. GNS,too. There is probably much larger user base with the rxp gauges.

Agreed. I think we are in a transition from mostly Reality GNS to F1GTN for upgrades. I have both but, P3Dv2 will not run the GNS so the future will probably favor the F1GTNs. All those digital charts are really handy in the big screen GTN750.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Yeah, RXP has had its day. Great simulation of the tech but times move on. Loved the RXP but the ease of use with the GTN series is on another level.

I would be happy if it just came with what it is suppose to have for the era airplane it is. A GNSXLs or a UNS1-L (UNS-1Lw).

A GTN750 in a 550 is very rare. I know Spirit Avionics has done one and has an STC.

I am a little tired of Carenado's "phone it in" when it comes to avionics on their releases. I haven't bought anything from Carenado in a while because of this. Products released that are no more than Beta and features that are not feature at all but dummy avionics.

features that are not feature at all but dummy avionics.

Heh...too true.  Too true.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I bought the Citation yesterday have done a couple of flight, still yet to try an ILS approach, was disappointed that there was no GPS included or at least the fmc have the frequency for the runways ect. I am going to put in the 337 GPS for the time being as a pop up until Carenado have a patch to fix the bugs. Very nice to fly otherwise and great detail better landing lights than the Phenom

excuse the spelling errors :o 

I agree there should have been a GPS as Cassio's link

Got it

Like it

I Like the reverser

Had a little problem with maintaining a steady altitude as it would go up and down 100 feet in a slow oscillation

Kept it steady by applying a zero Vertical Speed

Could not figure out how to set a desired target altitude correctly

Carenado Citation ILS landing achieved perfect. NZTG to NZAA. Put the Carenado 337 GPS in as a pop up (go to Views> instrument panel and select GPS there)  set up route from that, It actually copied it to the fmc except 1 thing you need to select the runway for landing in the fmc as well as the GPS

Tuned the ILS frequency and made a perfect cat 3 landing.

Peppy197

If you bring up the autopilot pop up panel, down the bottom there is a set knob click on this and use your mouse wheel to select the desired altitude, then click on ALT SEL when the aircraft has reached its set height then it will automatically switch to ALT-this holds the plane at the selected height till you alter it again, if a different  height is set after cruise say for descent then you need to click ALT SEL after the change has been made. Use the trim on the autopilot to change the VS. hope this helps.

My current view on this one, is that's it's a fantastic business jet - once you disable the cmeteoxml.dll gauge that causes stuttery performance.

How to do this?  Just rename the extension to .bak?  Or is there some gauge code to change?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |