Sign in to follow this  
nachezdc9

Carenado citation first review?

How to do this?  Just rename the extension to .bak?  Or is there some gauge code to change?

Browse to your DLL.XML file (which lives in the same place as your FSX.CFG file), open it with Notepad, and remove the entry for cmeteoxml.dll     Be sure to remove the full entry; it should start with <Launch.Addon> and end with </Launch.Addon>.

Then go to your FSX.CFG and search (Ctrl+F) for "cmeteo".   Again, carefully remove the full line that relates to cmeteo, from the [trusted] entries.

I have to say though, that although I initially thought this was stabilizing things, the uneven FPS and severe drops still continued.

I have had better frame rates since re installing fsx in its own folder outside program files its a big job when you have a lot of addons but worth it PMDG recommend it for their planes, I have tweaked the fsx config file as well a bit. Interesting post though Craig

I had  problems with scenery so I was forced to do the re install, not by choice but glad I did.

scenery is much more crisp I reckon I am seeing some things I hadn't seen before. :rolleyes:

I have been thinking of that too

Is it good in P3D ?

peppy, I purchased the FSX version. I don't have P3D installed on my PC. Still enjoying FSX!  ^_^

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.60GHz | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK P8P67 DELUXE | EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ | Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB | Crucial CT1000MX500 1TB | 2 x Western Digital WDC WD40EZRX 4TB | Creative X-Fi Audio Processor | NEC 24WMGX3 MultiSync | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I use it in P3Dv2 and for me it runs great, in terms of fps even without tweaking. and i have an older system now

'Sandy bridge 2011, the only new component i have thats recent is my GTX780ti graphics card

I think it's a Graphics Card dependent addon, due to the HD textures, and the screens etc.

My CPU is pretty beefy, but my GPU is a naff HD 7850 2GB so I think this is why I am seeing perforamance problems.   People with something like a GTX670 or better would, I suspect, have no issues.

As much as I'm tempted to get this aircraft, I think I'm going to pass, and wait instead for the Hawker 850 XP to come out. There are too many Citations in my hanger, time for a change. :lol:

Not sure about P3D Albix only have ever had FSX, Nick from PMDG has a very good PDF on un installing and re installing fsx, just google it on the web sorry I cant remember where it came from might have been from AVSIM.

Sorry Albix I thought you were referring to installing fsx in its own folder out of program files. The Citation handles nicely but I don't have P3D I have got to like the plane very quickly. Not too bad on frames if you have a reasonable GPU and PC

QCaptain, sorry for confusing. My post was an answer to peppy about the MilViz Kingair 350.

Thanks for your help though.

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.60GHz | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK P8P67 DELUXE | EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ | Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB | Crucial CT1000MX500 1TB | 2 x Western Digital WDC WD40EZRX 4TB | Creative X-Fi Audio Processor | NEC 24WMGX3 MultiSync | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Truthfully, I am not surprised they saved money and did not point to Flight One for a better GPS.

Just how many sales would be made?

vafs_status.php?cs=EGE001&w=0&c=0

Just how many sales would be made?

Given that many of their releases have included RXP support (pretty much every one that's made sense going back to the 210), I'd bet that aftermarket GPS support has worked very well for them.

Scott

I'd say that review is a good assessment of this aircraft. I'm able to look past it's shortcomings and really enjoy this jet. I'm having a blast taking it wherever I want, straying away from the normal airline routes in day to day life of a flight simmer. Yes the sounds aren't as good as they can be. I went ahead and purchased the TSS soundpack and that brought this Citations level up a notch. I'm not one to shy away from VOR/NDB navigation but I also will make use of the masked FMS. So in that category I suppose I'm not as picky. As far as the looks and the VC, top notch quality no doubt about that. Sure it has some flaws but I don't feel that this product deserves to be slandered. It will be interesting to see where Carenado takes it with future updates. I'm pretty happy with it.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

. I went ahead and purchased the TSS soundpack and that brought this Citations level up a notch.

Is that the one that is meant for FS2004?

( TURBINE SOUND STUDIOS - CESSNA CITATION PW-JT15D SOUNDPACK )

Does it perform ok in P3D?

Yes it is the one that was originally for FS2004 but I've read about some people using it for this Citation in FSX so I went for it. I have not yet tried it for P3D yet. So far I've found that using strictly the TSS sound pack I don't have any switch sounds or over speed sounds. The engines sounds, flaps and gear are all working, that's the most important part. I suppose if someone wanted to fool around with merging the two sound packs an editing the sound.cfg to incorporate the TSS engine sounds to the original Carenado Citation sounds then you'll get their panel and alert sounds with the added TSS engines.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?