Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Two useful tips for the Citation II !

Carenado documentation being what it is (!), I thought these two tips may be useful ;-

1). Here is the location of the fuel cut-off switches, necessary for engine start, and cut-off;

CLICK TO ENLARGE THE PICS

111.jpg

2).  There is an incorrect tool-tip designation on the Citation.  The Altitude Selection indicator wrongly shows "Vertical Speed Selection".

This annunciator is definitely relating to Altitude Selection, not V/S.     Vertical Speed is set using the purple bug on the VSI;

211.jpg

Hope these help.

My initial impression of the CII is that I LOVE IT !!...... As soon as I heard the battery fans, I knew Carenado had notched things up a level.    Frame Rates are FANTASTIC on my modest system.  

If you can get over the "lite" FMC (which is just a mask of the default GPS), then I think this is the best retro biz-jet around at the moment.

Thanks for the tips Craig.  Now if I can just get a download link......

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Thanks for the tips Craig.  Now if I can just get a download link......

I was lucky - I got directed to the link, straight after the payment went through, but I know a lot are still waiting for the link to be added to their account.    Hope you get it soon!

Thanks Craig.  At least I am not the only one.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

I agree..I got over the FMC being 'lite' but I did notice the other positives and how close it is to the real thing.

My wish is that Carenado would read these forums.  If they offer GTN750 integration that it's a done deal for me.  Otherwise, they need to come up with a significant patch to address the issues some of you guys have been reporting, especially the EHSI letters overlapping and that kind of thing.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

My wish is that Carenado would read these forums.  If they offer GTN750 integration that it's a done deal for me.  Otherwise, they need to come up with a significant patch to address the issues some of you guys have been reporting, especially the EHSI letters overlapping and that kind of thing.

Posted a ticket to them yesterday with a link to the forum..let's see what happens. I won't hold my breathe.

A lot to like about Carenado aircraft, apart from the flying on rails flight models, but seems to me they are more into producing new aircraft than patching and upgrading past ones. Too bad. Hope they sort this out. I'm on the fence until a patch is up.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!