Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Citation II S550 - The (potential) bugs thread

Agreed. Wonder if he'd (Bert) be open to a bit of bribery :P ...

Hhhmmnnn....  :wink:

We could all club together and buy Bert a Citation II ......... Sim world not real world Bert - you're not that good!  :lol:

No thanks... a dumbed down FMC is not my cup of tea..

If Carenado steps up, and offers GTN integration, I'll have a look  B)

Bert

Guest BeaverDriver

Bummer, but I understand completely :wink: . If Carenado thinks these machines have never been retro-fitted for newer avionics then they need to get out more. We see them all the time. This is one big "boat" they missed.

1. Crossfeed valve In Transit light not extinguishing

2. No gyro pressure

3. No temp controls (cabin stayed at 65 degrees with both auto and manual temp control)

4. Used the ENG FIRE switch to shut down left engine (which shuts down left side fuel, hydraulics, etc) and no master warning lit when the offending red system lights illuminated.

5. Could not get the engines to torque out on N1 on takeoff. Throttles are crammed and it might have been pulling 100%. Some altitudes/temps require more than 100%.

6. The power reminder gauge is not changeable for take off power.

7. T/R Emer Stow Switches are inop

1. Not able to press the STD BARO knob to set to standard pressure on the Altimeter. (It appears unclickable - Let me know if it is just me)

Curious my S550 burns fuel but Eng is not runing, afer a while fuel level drops from 100% to 97%. Set the ENG in reverse (still off) then FF is zero.

My ISG show my a fluel flow with 165kg per ENG.

Cheers

1. Pressurization system is not working properly...... You can't adjust cruise altitude or landing altitude. None of the knobs on the pressurization panel work. Otherwise the basic function is there...the big needle is supposed to chase the little needle when pressurizing.

2. Autopilot. Already mentioned above. Their king air 90 autopilot while not perfect is not too bad...maybe it could somehow be ported over. In the interest of simplicity perhaps get rid of IAS mode, get the VS mode to work properly - it shouldn't always revert to 500'/min when selected as it should acquire the current climb rate or decent rate when selected....they both need to work with ALT SEL mode and the Altitude Selector should not disappear when various selections are made.

3.FMS...not much good can be said about it other than it's pretty but the fuel page gives lots of info but it falls down after that. Integration of the GTN750 would be a great addition

Summary.....On the whole I like this aircraft. I hope some of the improvements listed above will come in a future patch. This aircraft has a good foundation and the points above would make it a great aircraft.

Dave

1. Pressurization system is not working properly...... You can't adjust cruise altitude or landing altitude. None of the knobs on the pressurization panel work. Otherwise the basic function is there...the big needle is supposed to chase the little needle when pressurizing. . . 

Once airborne it works for me (kinda), but not on the ground.  Also, the pressurization scale seems off - any given altitude / cabin altitude results in much lower press differential than red-line.  Cabin altitudes in the 30's seem way to high.  Looks almost as if the scale is off a turbo-prop.  Default cabin climb rate is 500fpm.  Impossible to adjust in flight unless you back off the throttles - not wise while climbing . . .

Joe Lorenc

1. Pressurization system is not working properly...... You can't adjust cruise altitude or landing altitude. None of the knobs on the pressurization panel work. Otherwise the basic function is there...the big needle is supposed to chase the little needle when pressurizing.

The controller is working. I have used it twice now. Grab the knob and move your mouse left.

It does not work on the ground at start up for me - period.  If I get airborne, it works, either by dragging or using the mouse wheel.  If get back on the ground, it continues to work - strange.

Joe Lorenc

It does not work on the ground at start up for me - period.  If I get airborne, it works, either by dragging or using the mouse wheel.  If get back on the ground, it continues to work - strange.

If you are referencing the controller knob not working on the ground at startup, that is indeed strange. I must have changed it when airborne if that is the case.

I was able to get it to work on the ground at startup. It didn't work initially, I had to move the mouse back and forth or maybe just to the right first, then left. But it worked.

Pressurization controller....I can get it to work in the air...thanks for that.

Can right click spots on the throttles be added to shut the engines down?

Autopilot issues as above, however improvement when used with the F1 GTN750 (P3Dv2) as a popup gauge.

Unable to select 2 digit NDBs on FMC - when selecting first two letters of ADF ident, the FMC predicts a 5 letter waypoint. Unable to remove the last 3 unwanted letters.

I do like the aircraft - I didn't like the price, but I went for it as I'm a Citation fan. Flies well, looks great but needs a lot of work with the FMC functionality.

Can right click spots on the throttles be added to shut the engines down?

Yes..finding the click spot for the fuel shutoff on the throttle is painful.

I didn't know there was a click spot for it.

I will revisit and attempt to find it.

Thanks for letting me know!!