Sign in to follow this  
htuna

What's the best FSX add on Helicopter?

Just some opinions on what a good 'not too expensive' add on chopper for FSX. Something that you can enjoy your Orbx PNW scenery in, that's got a lil more beef to it than the Stock in game choppers.

Thanks!

I like the Just Flight R44 (the piston version).  I liked it after I flew in one out of Goodyear once and once Just Flight released theirs, I was hooked.  It flies well looks well as well.  And like Just Flight's Duchess, the pax appear in the virtual and external views if you've added the passenger's weights in the weight and balance menu. 

John

http://www.justflight.com/product/flying-club-r44-helicopter-download

Thanks.. do some helicopters have some form of simple Autopilot, to like fly straight ahead or something like that?

Personally I can speak for the Alabeo R66 Turbine. I picked it up on sale over the holidays just because. Turns out I really like it. I don't know what your really looking for with systems depth vs. cost vs. ease of flight but it is on the more affordable side. It's on the light side for systems but for me as mostly a fixed wing flyer, I like the way I can just jump in it and go. Obviously the textures are great inside and out and the sounds are really really good. I bought it specifically for exploring ORBX regions and so far it's done great.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Just some opinions on what a good 'not too expensive' add on chopper for FSX. Something that you can enjoy your Orbx PNW scenery in, that's got a lil more beef to it than the Stock in game choppers.

Thanks!

For free Helis of quality, try Hovercontrol.

Milviz MD530 is pretty nimble - with a couple of avionics options too (P3D and FSX versions)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I believe it's the Dodosim 206.

Another helicopter maker is Cerasim

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Must be Dodosim 206, I believe ....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

In terms of realism, I hear that Dodosim's Bell 206 is the closest that is available on the FSX platform...

The HTC fixes over at Hovercontrol also apparently do wonders in improving the realism of a number of free- and payware helicopters on the market...

A

Nemeth Designs aw109 has an actual autopilot system for those longer flights. Fog effects on the inside of the windows, visually great both exterior and interior, challenging flight model. Oh yeah, it's also a very awesome-looking copter. My favourite together with Nemeth Designs MD902 which is a great handling copter thanks to it's unique tail rotor.

I only have a yoke; no pedals.  Is there some easy flying chopper that is good choice for me?  I suspect the answer is no, but at least it doesn't hurt to ask.

I would say all of them are easy except the Dodosim. Helicopter simulation is lacking.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Did anyone mention Dodosim? :P

Yep! Me :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...