Sign in to follow this  
RoughLandings

Cost per hour for a single engined trainer...ball park ...

Dear people, Could someone please give me a rough idea of how much it costs to rent a typical single engined trainer, such as the C 172.I do realize that this will vary greatly from one region to another, so I would also appreciate if you could tell me your geographical location as well.I am especially interested in prices from Europe and the USA.Thank you in advance.

C172SP - $104/hr (WET LEASE), Orlando, FLW. Sieffert

Guest Ken_Salter

Cessna 172 Skyhawk (180 HP) - $80/hr (fuel included). Mobile, AL USA - www.azaleaair.com. This is the plane I train in.

Thank You very much, Gentlemen for your replies.I am trying to evaluate the possibility of getting my ppl.

Thanks again, Ken for the link. There is a lot of useful information on this site.

Guest Ken_Salter

That link is to the FBO I fly out of, fyi. Great bunch over there.

At PSA in Concord CA, $55/hr wet to $70/hr wet for C152's, $72/hr wt to $114/hr wet for C172's, depending on the age and equipment of each plane. Instructors are $35/hr.Richard

>>In the US, you can estimate spending about $4000-8000 US for a PPL.<

Netherlands:

Guest jdu

Getting your PPL is much cheaper through orginizations (like CAP,Local Universities, ect.) In Salina, Kansas, for example, A C-172 costs about $80/hr through the airport, $65/hr through K-State, and $50/hr(+instructor) thorugh CAP.You might want to look around in you area to find the best deal

C172SP $97/hour wet.Boulder, Colorado (near Denver).Bruce.

I just went for my first ride yesterday. I noticed that a C152 is $55hr, C172 is $90hr and C172RG is $95hr. We flew out of KOLM, Olympia, Washington.Check out some pictures I took here.

>Pray, what is CAP?CAP equals Civil Air Patrol.One of their jobs is to search for downed aircraft.You do not need to be a pilot to be a member, you can join and fly as an observer.John