Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Having Frame Rate issues with the Citation II ?

How'd you do that?...with Gimp or Photoshop?

I'll bite as well. How do I lower the texture resolution?

The easiest way, is to use Paint.NET which you can get here;-

http://download.cnet.com/Paint-NET/3000-2192_4-10338146.html

After installing it, drag the DDS texture files on to the Paint.NET shortcut ; the texture will open in Paint.NET.

Now select the "Image" menu, and choose "Resize".

In the Resize dialogue, change references to 4096 to 2048.

File > Save.

Job done.

I am a P3dv2 user and i surprisingly have not had FPS issues on such a serious level as you folks, I did however replace the MFD with the F1 GTN 750 along with a pop up 2d panel for inputting necessary information into it. that did give me more smoothness in the VC when the avionics are turned on.

Can you explain how you replaced MFD with GTN 750 in VC please???

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

The easiest way, is to use Paint.NET which you can get here;-

http://download.cnet.com/Paint-NET/3000-2192_4-10338146.html

After installing it, drag the DDS texture files on to the Paint.NET shortcut ; the texture will open in Paint.NET.

Now select the "Image" menu, and choose "Resize".

In the Resize dialogue, change references to 4096 to 2048.

File > Save.

Job done.

I did something wrong with the resize. All exterior textures have a blue tint or haze on them. There were some options when saving the file that I didn't have instructions on. Maybe something there?

Hi guys. I used DXTBmp and Paintshop. Use DXTBmp to save the textures as BMPs then resize with Paintshop. Any textures with alpha channels, you will need to export the alpha channel and save it as a BMP and resize it as well. Then open the new smaller texture with DXTBmp. Import the alpha channel and save it all as a DDS DXT5 format. Clear as mud?! Sorry I'm not real good at instructions. I'm only just figuring this out myself. 

Regards Dave.

Very bad, having those FPS problems, I expected to be a bit lighter than G1000 cockpits, but this new VC is very very HD and it's a bit heavy on FPS, after looking outside at 40fps+ back into the VC they drop down to 25-30, but it doesn't affect me...is not even noticeable, however I ddidn't expect it, but I will not resize textures down, if FPS stills there and stable...I'm glad you guys are now high again!

I did something wrong with the resize. All exterior textures have a blue tint or haze on them. There were some options when saving the file that I didn't have instructions on. Maybe something there?

You don't resize the exterior textures  :unsure:  ....... you just resize the interior  (VC) textures.  

Hopefully you backed up - or else a reinstall will sort it out.

I'd go into my folder and list the textures for you but unfortunately, I unistalled this aircraft last night.      Still getting stutters, unneveness and general lack of smooth performance. 

Sadly, I am giving up on this Citation II, spent about 20 hours trying to get it running smoothly and after some false hopes, I'm still not happy with it's performance.

I have a nVidia Graphics Card in the post on it's way to me, so will try it again with that.

But for now, to quote the dragons in Dragon's Den ;-  

"I'm out".

I find the passenger cabin lighting CHEESY :wacko:   like some cheap freeware

any way of fixing that?

The VC lighting on the other hand is EXCELLENT

Where are the VC textures located? Can't seem to find them.

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

Where are the VC textures located? Can't seem to find them.

I don't have it installed any more but I think from memory, the VC textures are those that have "_INT" as part of the name. Make sure you don't resize the textures with "_gauge" in the name.

I noticed that the FPS drop down a Little bit, when on HSI and/or MFD the green terrain-mapmode is activated.

The FPS-drop on my System is about 2-4 FPS.

I have frame rate issues too. On ground I have framerates between 5 and 40 FPS. I will try your tweak with cmeteo in FSX.cfg.

Removal of the record in file "dll.xml":

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Doesn't help. :(

Long time FS user here, mostly lurker to forums, sorry. Been using FS since it was on an Apple ][e.  Anyhow, lemme give you some perspective, with FSX I strive for 60fps ALWAYS with the mouse pointer displayed on the VC. This is with my frame limiter set at 60 of course. I do NOT have a badass machine... intel i5 8meg ram 9 CAS latency and a $100 video card, Win7. With such, I can run the majestic q400 at 60fps (pointer displayed) usually with REX running on low cloud settings, with FSX scenery/autogen maxed out and with bojote's tweak.

There are only a few advanced payware aircraft that can achieve 60fps with consistency on my machine as of now (q400 is one, see below). The latest products from Carenado don't. And I'm not sure why, considering both Aerosoft, Majestic, and A2A offer products that are just as detailed (or more), that consistently have better fps (some sort of mojo magic by tweaking vertices, textures, pixels, what have you). The only two Carenado aircraft that are good on frames that I still consider "modern" FSX graphics are the Baron, and the V35/F33, however the latter is pushing it for "modern". Beyond the Baron's release date, the remaining Carenado planes have varied in horrible FPS (TBM850) to decently flyable/nice looking in good conditions (Piper Malibu, Seneca). Alabeo has done a considerably better job optimizing for FPS, due to less glass, however even they have fallen a little short on several aircraft---the DA40 is downright GORGEOUS, and is decent on FPS, but cant handle what the Carenado Baron can handle fps-wise, and the complexity is nearly the same.

That said, I've done everything above (reduce textures, delete cmeteo) and I get ZERO improvement on frame rates for the S550. I do get 60FPS with my pointer not displayed, unless there are clouds. But, with my pointer displayed I get 30-40s. Not good enough for me. I did replace the ADI and eHSI with frame rate friendly ones (thank god you can replace these) and it bought me 10 fps. Surprisingly, I actually dont notice much improvement if I replace the MFD with something efficient.. unless of course you choose other modes on the MFD such as Terrain that destroy fps. BTW Kronzky GPS (google it) is great free addon for a light on frames terrain display.

Any other ideas I'm open to hearing.

If you are curious which planes I think are the absolute best for frame rate versus graphics detail and flight, they are in this order:

1a) Believe it or not: Virtavia (Alphasim) T-34c mentor has the absolute best frames/performance versus graphics and real life accuracy of all. Maybe not as complicated of a plane, as say, the next one:

1b) Majestic Q400 (can get a little slow in heavy weather-but the detail/performance ratio blows all the "pro" detailed folks away: iFLY, PMDG, Etc)

2a) A2A Accusim Piper 180 (strangely FAR better FPS than it's sisters A2A C172 or C182) - this cherokee is such a hoot!

2b) Real Air SF260 or Spitfire (not very complicated but great frames versus beauty)

3) Iris Da42 Aviator Series (not the pro series version, which is just as good on frames but not as detailed)

4) Aerosoft Dash 6 Twotter (extended is fine).

5) Aerosoft AirbusX (not extended one - that reduces frames I hear)

6) For sheer FPS alone: Carenado Baron or Alabeo Pawnee (Tie: GREAT frames, not very complicated planes of course)

7) And for bizjets: Lionheart Epic VLJ (for a glass cockpit good frames, but realistically these arent built in real world, waiting for LJ24b to go on sale again)

8) not a "modern" graphics plane, but the Eaglesoft Citation V 2.0 still kicks Carenado's butt for realism and outstanding frames.

I wish Carenado/Alabeo would learn to improve their graphics techniques w/r/t frames. You don't need all the bling they provide if 1) your plane is not smooth, 2) the gauges are too tiny/fuzzy to read numbers clearly, 3) the realism is spotty....

Interesting read...... yep, you'll never get 60 FPS solid in the CAR S550! .... I'd be happy to settle for half that! (i7 2600k / GTX 670 2GB).